+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nix magic LoS?

Nix magic LoS?

Can someone please explain Nix's line of sight rules? More and more often a scenario will take place where: Without using his invis ability he will appear right next to me (or a player on my team), make his shot, return to invis (as if he was out of LoS) and then appear on two spaces away the next turn without having broken LoS.

Another scenario will have him visible, then (again without using that ability) right before he shoot he goes invis (as if out of LoS), then next turn show up right next to someone. Not on any other freelancer do the LoS mechanics function in this manner.

His invis lasts two turns. Sounds like you are experiencing the second turn of it. For the second scenario, I would guess he had a reveal on him from the previous turn, which wore of at the beginning of that turn.

You can watch the replay of the match afterwards, and in the replay you can see what everyone was doing. That should help you figure it out for sure.

I would say its nix invisibility rules is what you need to brush up on. Line of sight is kinda the wrong term for what you are describing.

Best way to learn a lancer is to play them, which in turn also helps you play against them.

nix invisibility lasts 2 turns but if he shoots the second turn he will reveal himself and then go invisible again, also if nix is that close to your team he is not really being played correctly seeing as how his range is like 11 spaces if not more. I personally think nix is more of a sandbag than anything just from a pure numbers standpoint, he has 1 dash and its often used by turn 5 then he dies at least twice a game since he cant do anything else to get away. 3 to 4 dashes a game plus a cata or shielding 3 to 4 times a game ( ie juno or vonn ) plus a cata is 4 to 5 chances to not get hammered as opposed to nixs 1. And thats literally like 90 percent of nixs and dont even get me started on people willingly picking him on cloudspire in ranked matches, that is literally an auto drop game for me because there are only a handful of people that can actually pull that off without causing the team to loose

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
    Without using his invis ability he will appear right next to me (or a player on my team), make his shot, return to invis (as if he was out of LoS) and then appear on two spaces away the next turn without having broken LoS.
    The only thing I can think of is if he was on a Camouflage square, used Catalysts to go invisible, or just sprinted out of your team's vision. Other than that could be a bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
    Another scenario will have him visible, then (again without using that ability) right before he shoot he goes invis (as if out of LoS), then next turn show up right next to someone.
    STALKER SUIT where he goes invisible is a Prep Phase while HEADSHOT is Blast Phase. Prep> Dash> Blast> Move.
    Just like what Ecoclone and Kujo said otherwise =)
    Cheers.
    Edit: Nix never existed.

+ Reply to Thread