+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Meet the new Community team!

Let us face reality, AR will NEVER be a huge hit like Fortnight or Civ. Action gamers hate the turn based aspect, turn base fans hate the timer. I buy cosmetic items that I don't like such as the Blackburn bug skins just to support the game but are there enough people that love cosmetic items that will buy enough stuff to make enough money to make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by netguy30a View Post
    They need to release items for MONEY. Does that sound greedy? Well, how else can a Free2Play game make money? Employees cost money, so do servers, etc. Emblems, banners, like $1, taunts like $2, there are already skins for sale for $3-$5, we need more cosmetic ONLY items for sale that can create revenue for the game.

To sell items they need a bigger player base, and it must be willing to play more. I doubt many people will want that in a game where all new content is paid with real money. First give people something to have fun with, then - give luxury items for those who want more.
    By the way, i suggested selling for iso and flux stuff that's already in game, just locked for majority of players.

Oh, and also, release on other platforms + crossplay with pc (why no? in turn-based games nobody have the advantage) will help AR a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    To sell items they need a bigger player base, and it must be willing to play more. I doubt many people will want that in a game where all new content is paid with real money. First give people something to have fun with, then - give luxury items for those who want more.
    By the way, i suggested selling for iso and flux stuff that's already in game, just locked for majority of players.

Oh, and also, release on other platforms + crossplay with pc (why no? in turn-based games nobody have the advantage) will help AR a lot.
    The problem is the game needs to make money NOW. Releasing on other platforms will COST money. You really think after firing 200 Trion employees there are enough skilled people to create ports for other platforms? You think Gamigo will invest in that? Heck, we cannot even get a follow up post from our new Community Managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomimimode View Post
    I wonder how fast this will be deleted. Probably in under 30 minutes.

First - Trion getting sold to the Gamigo is a disaster. They will ruin the games that were lovingly crafted by the caring Trion hands in half a year. Mark my words. Laying off 90% of the staff who knew the ins and outs of those games is a clear sign of " the competent and effective managers". To start with - Trion's financial situation that lead to this, happened exactly because those guys refused to make they games into the moneymilking machines, they cared for the players and supported the games even despite suffering financial losses. Trion team - no matter what, i will never forget you guys, thank you for this attitude. Gamigo, on the other hand, exists solely to grab the players purse and never letting it go and the effect of this former Trion games players will feel soon enough, no doubt.

Second - starting your CM work from threatening forum population, almost non-existent as is, with the banhammer is the way to go. Thats exactly how you calm down the playerbase, yep, by forcefully making them to shut up. Kinda shows what Gamigo has in store for us. Not like i'm scared though, i have no intention to yeld to the new administration no matter how many times that hammer swings.

Third - AR players, with the community as small as ours we all know each other by name for a long time now. Don't just happily wag your tails for the new master, remember your pride and fighting spirit that you showed during our matches. Take everything, that comes out of Gamigo with a bag of salt. This ship is heading stright on the rocks and i want you to know it. If by some crazy, impossible chance by the september 1st 2019, this game would still be afloat, with an increased playerbase, regular updates and new features and without turning into a money-grabbing monstrosity, i will admit that i was wrong. But for now i will silently observe the upcoming epic crash, mourning the fired Trion team.

*Looking on gamigo boot-lickers with disdain*

In the light of the recent game shutdown announcement i have only one thing to say: "I told you."

+ Reply to Thread