+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Meet the new Community team!

Let us face reality, AR will NEVER be a huge hit like Fortnight or Civ. Action gamers hate the turn based aspect, turn base fans hate the timer. I buy cosmetic items that I don't like such as the Blackburn bug skins just to support the game but are there enough people that love cosmetic items that will buy enough stuff to make enough money to make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by netguy30a View Post
    They need to release items for MONEY. Does that sound greedy? Well, how else can a Free2Play game make money? Employees cost money, so do servers, etc. Emblems, banners, like $1, taunts like $2, there are already skins for sale for $3-$5, we need more cosmetic ONLY items for sale that can create revenue for the game.

To sell items they need a bigger player base, and it must be willing to play more. I doubt many people will want that in a game where all new content is paid with real money. First give people something to have fun with, then - give luxury items for those who want more.
    By the way, i suggested selling for iso and flux stuff that's already in game, just locked for majority of players.

Oh, and also, release on other platforms + crossplay with pc (why no? in turn-based games nobody have the advantage) will help AR a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    To sell items they need a bigger player base, and it must be willing to play more. I doubt many people will want that in a game where all new content is paid with real money. First give people something to have fun with, then - give luxury items for those who want more.
    By the way, i suggested selling for iso and flux stuff that's already in game, just locked for majority of players.

Oh, and also, release on other platforms + crossplay with pc (why no? in turn-based games nobody have the advantage) will help AR a lot.
    The problem is the game needs to make money NOW. Releasing on other platforms will COST money. You really think after firing 200 Trion employees there are enough skilled people to create ports for other platforms? You think Gamigo will invest in that? Heck, we cannot even get a follow up post from our new Community Managers.

+ Reply to Thread