+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A little suggestion about Ranked Matches (about some unfair matches)

A little suggestion about Ranked Matches (about some unfair matches)

Greetings

First of all, i'll warn you that english is not my primary language, but i hope you can understand this.

The issue i'd like to talk about is about ranked matches, more specifically Duo Ranked matches

It's pretty annoying and unfair the fact that duos could go against a team entirely composed of solo queuers. I know that this format is also used in others games (League of Legends or Heroes of The Storm as an example), but in those games, duos go against other duos, or in the rare case these games can't pick another duo, the duo is paired against players that are better ranked then the current duo (a Gold ranked Duo paired against solo queue Platinum ranked players) .

I'll be specific. I don't have anything against Shichikouhouju or Kochevnik. Both are very good players and seems to be kind fellas, but it's just unfair to be paired against them for lets say 3 or 4 games in a row. Both are very good and experienced players, and coordinate well.
    My team is composed of some inexperienced players, or players that are not ranked so well. But above all else, my team is full of solo queuers, so i can say right from the start that an almost certain defeat will come to my team the moment i see their names (Sichi and Kochev) being displayed at the loading screen against my team.

Lets face reality...at this moment, Atlas Reactor does not have a large player base (at least in ranked matches) to implement an MMR system or to provide fair matches such as Duos against Duos, so what i'm suggesting is the removal of the Duo system in ranked matches, just for the sake of balance and fairness for all the players involved.

Some could say that i should look for duo partners, or to avoid playing at the same time Shichi and Kochev are queued. Both are not ideal solutions.

First: I want to climb at solo queue

Second: Do I have to stop playing Atlas Reactor at some random hour just because Shichi and Kochev are online and because there's the risk of facing them? Its not fair, either for them or for another solo queue players.

I'll repeat...i have nothing against said players. I'm just using them as an example because they are the duo that i play most with (either in their team or against).

I dont see the whole point of having duos (composed of very good players or bad players) go against solo queue players. The current system only punishes the team that got no duo in it, and it also hurts the progression of solo queue players.

Can we just get rid of the current system, please? Or come up with something that is a bit more fair?

Quote Originally Posted by MotokoZeratul View Post
    Greetings

First of all, i'll warn you that english is not my primary language, but i hope you can understand this.

The issue i'd like to talk about is about ranked matches, more specifically Duo Ranked matches

It's pretty annoying and unfair the fact that duos could go against a team entirely composed of solo queuers. I know that this format is also used in others games (League of Legends or Heroes of The Storm as an example), but in those games, duos go against other duos, or in the rare case these games can't pick another duo, the duo is paired against players that are better ranked then the current duo (a Gold ranked Duo paired against solo queue Platinum ranked players) .

I'll be specific. I don't have anything against Shichikouhouju or Kochevnik. Both are very good players and seems to be kind fellas, but it's just unfair to be paired against them for lets say 3 or 4 games in a row. Both are very good and experienced players, and coordinate well.
    My team is composed of some inexperienced players, or players that are not ranked so well. But above all else, my team is full of solo queuers, so i can say right from the start that an almost certain defeat will come to my team the moment i see their names (Sichi and Kochev) being displayed at the loading screen against my team.

Lets face reality...at this moment, Atlas Reactor does not have a large player base (at least in ranked matches) to implement an MMR system or to provide fair matches such as Duos against Duos, so what i'm suggesting is the removal of the Duo system in ranked matches, just for the sake of balance and fairness for all the players involved.

Some could say that i should look for duo partners, or to avoid playing at the same time Shichi and Kochev are queued. Both are not ideal solutions.

First: I want to climb at solo queue

Second: Do I have to stop playing Atlas Reactor at some random hour just because Shichi and Kochev are online and because there's the risk of facing them? Its not fair, either for them or for another solo queue players.

I'll repeat...i have nothing against said players. I'm just using them as an example because they are the duo that i play most with (either in their team or against).

I dont see the whole point of having duos (composed of very good players or bad players) go against solo queue players. The current system only punishes the team that got no duo in it, and it also hurts the progression of solo queue players.

Can we just get rid of the current system, please? Or come up with something that is a bit more fair?
    The purpose behind that request is great, but I'm afraid it would just kill duo queues as it is, as not enough people would queue for duos and the queue time would be virtually forever.

A side idea to that would be to have everyone queue as solo, and in case a friend is drafted into your team, you'd earn duo rank points instead of solo points.
    Of course that would require a barely decent punishment for queue dodging, as people abuse those mechanics already and would abuse it more to force duo into happening.

As a side option to that suggestion, I remember that the MMR they used in a game called heroes of newerth was very fair. Maybe we could check into that and apply something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionArmpit View Post
    The purpose behind that request is great, but I'm afraid it would just kill duo queues as it is, as not enough people would queue for duos and the queue time would be virtually forever.

A side idea to that would be to have everyone queue as solo, and in case a friend is drafted into your team, you'd earn duo rank points instead of solo points.
    Of course that would require a barely decent punishment for queue dodging, as people abuse those mechanics already and would abuse it more to force duo into happening.

As a side option to that suggestion, I remember that the MMR they used in a game called heroes of newerth was very fair. Maybe we could check into that and apply something similar.
    Right now i think it's better to kill the Duo queue entirely.

The problem i see in your suggestion is that its not that hard to be friends with someone who also plays ranked matches. For example, I have about 6 people in my list that only queues for ranked. Its not uncommon for me to be queued with these friends. And i believe there's people out there that has more friends added than me. That would kill solo queue matches for sure.

Population remains too low for an proper MMR system.

+ Reply to Thread