+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poor performance even at the lowest settings, while meeting minimum requirements.

Poor performance even at the lowest settings, while meeting minimum requirements.

I have played Atlas Reactor before it went free to play but have always had performance issues. Even at the lowest resolution and minimum graphics settings my FPS regularly drops to 30 or below during turns. I don't believe this is a problem with my computer, even though it is a laptop, as it meets the minimum requirements and can run other, more taxing, games at a more consistent FPS.
    I don't know if this is a problem with parts of my hardware so here are some of the basic hardware details if it helps.
    • Video card: Nvidia GeForce 840M
    • CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
    • RAM: 12 GB
    I am not sure what other info you may need but if there is any more info I can give that may help with this problem then just message me back.

That's weird. Are you using Steam? If that's the case, you could try switching between clients.

It has helped a little, probably a boost of around 10FPS max, so some maps can reach 60FPS most of the time. However, I am still getting pretty poor FPS. on certain maps, and during certain actions. For example on the Omni Reactor Core map, with a resolution of 1280x720 and low graphics settings, I have a constant FPS of 30-40 frames. That has always been one of the worse maps for me, I assume due to the background/skybox but that shouldn't affect the FPS in low graphics settings as it is completely removed and replaced with a blue background instead.

Thanks for the advice though.

+ Reply to Thread