+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About invisibility

About invisibility

Can someone explain or point to a guide about invisibility, camo, fog of war and bushes. People are literally standing next to me and being invisible and i dont understand why is that, without using any skills that is.

Your vision is a circle of radius 6. The vision of your entire team is presented to you during the decision phase, if you want to just see your vision, hold down the V key.

Several things can prevent you from seeing something in that circle.
    1) High walls. You must have line of sight to have vision. Note that "smoke" abilities are treated as creating high walls for the sake of enemy vision.
    2) Camouflage. By standing in an active stealth pad, anyone outside your stealth pad group will not have vision on you.
    3) Invisibility. Some abilities and catalysts grant invisibility. No enemy has vision on you if you're invisible.

On top of that, is "reveal". If you are revealed, the entire enemy team has vision on you, regardless of the distance or the above constraints. The Probe catalyst is a special reveal that does not reveal invisible.

-----

Someone standing next to you, in the open, that you can't see was likely "invisible". If it wasn't a skill, it was the Fade catalyst; but... how do you know it wasn't a skill?

Describe the whole situation. Which freelancer was it? How did you find out they were next to you?

Thanks for explanation, the part about camo squares is what i didnt quite understand, now i do. So here is one situation in which i dont understand how Helio managed to stay invisible. Im playing as titus, helio is basically standing next to me, i use "dirty fighting" on him, he uses catalyst to tp to ally within 10 squares and is invisible for whole next turn, he tpd next to or behind some crates.

It dosent seem like helio went invisible, he was just out of line of sight after cata or helio landed in a camo pad next to the other lancer after the cata

Hmm, Dirty Fighting should have applied a reveal, allowing you to see where he was after the catalyst. Have you tried watching the replay?

+ Reply to Thread