+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need to get the vision buffs out of the game.

Need to get the vision buffs out of the game.

The vision buffs provide way too much coincidental vision and ruin so much of the strategy of the game. When you are playing firepower there is a lot of depth in moving correctly to prevent the opponent from seeing you that allows you to aggressivly position to output damage. Being able to know where the enemy vision can be to allow yourself to path around it is one of the highest learning areas of the game and gets you outside of just moving into cover every single turn. These buffs are impossible to contest most of the time due to their placement. All of the buffs put you in bad positioning if you contest them and these are in the worst spots of all. In most cases the vision buff is just picked up by a spawning unit that died. There is nothing enjoyable or strategic about this buff in most cases for either the team that has it or the opposing team. I would be sooooo happy if this just stopped existing and at the very least there was a minimum of 1 per map. Being seen on firepower characters on turns before I know I should be able to be seen is so frustrating and honestly makes me rage where there is basically nothing else in this game that makes me unhappy. This is anti fun and I know it was set up to be a tool that is wanted to be contested but that is not how I feel it has ended up being. If it was some kind of actual tool that could be placed or there was a warning before you knew you could be seen. If the buff was some kind of cc tool instead or only lit up predetermined areas. I'm only writing this because of the pure hate that I have for this. Also if this buff is going to be sticking around nix needs some love. Would love to see other people's opinions.

I concur too some extent that the xray buffs are not so good. It takes most of the strategy out of the last half of the match and i feel it should not be in ranked matches. A vision cata ia available which got buffed for some reason when it was already incredibly strong if used properly so now its almost like a second or third free cata which seems wrong

Remember those vision changes were made aswell as the "spotlight" mechanic when u cast something, to show the game to totally new people at conventions such as PAX or just showing the game around, since TRION dont market this game they have to make it easy to newcomers but yes is such a drawback to strategical position.

Yeah I agree with what you are say also, a probe is great as it can be hit and miss and costs you a resource (although it could be reduced in size on the smaller maps).

Getting something as strong as the vision buff just for walking over it is a bit cheap but I think the devs view it as a come back mechanic (which is crucial for new player experience) as its easy to pick up when you come out of a death.

Either way it shouldn't be in ranked matches.

I never post here, but I feel strongly enough about this subject that I felt compelled to login.

Get the Xrays out of ranked. You can leave them in the other game modes, but they absolutely do not belong in ranked competition.

I'm not a fan of them either.

I feel there is too much stealth in this game.

People are starting to 'play to the meta' as opposed to 'play to the person'. You can go entire games as Nix, LW, Grem, or Grey and only be seen maybe once if the opposing team is lucky. We want players to get into the middle, engage each other. Entire games circling the outside taking pot shots and traps is exceptionally boring and reduces strategy, not increases it. It also significantly reduces your viable champ choices.

Granted I think the xray buff was a poor solution...

I know this is a little late to the party, but...what if...

Instead of X-ray buffs there were reveal debuff tiles which revealed you to the enemy team until the next turn if you stepped on them? And then strategically dot them around the edges of the map....

Think of it as reverse camo.

Buuuuut I totally see an argument against that as being too much complexity to the game.

+ Reply to Thread