+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Toxic Players more prevalent?

Toxic Players more prevalent?

I played this game back in Season 1, and have recently come back. Still just playing casually, not ranked, but the playerbase has been exceedingly toxic. Point in case- convinced my girlfriend to try it with me again, and the very first game we had a Nyx on our team that constantly pinged teammates on the head when he thought they were out of position and called people trash in chat. Mainly her, because granted, she was a bit rusty.

If you wanna take the game that seriously, need to go to ranked, first off.

Second off, have I just got the short end of the stick playing recently, or has this community become more like other MOBAs as the game has grown?

And yes, I reported him, I hope he gets banned, behavior like that needs to be.

I think you have just been unlucky mate, you get them in every game but on the whole the AR community is one of the best out there.

One good thing to do is for your GF to say that she is new at the start as a lot of players just assume you know what you are doing but that's no excuse for the nix player (why is it always nix players).

Sounds like you need me on your team. I like to have fun in this game

Quote Originally Posted by RebelMC View Post
    I think you have just been unlucky mate, you get them in every game but on the whole the AR community is one of the best out there.

One good thing to do is for your GF to say that she is new at the start as a lot of players just assume you know what you are doing but that's no excuse for the nix player (why is it always nix players).
    He was absolutely very good with Nyx, him and I basically won the game on our own, but i can't abide trash talking your own team.

Good to know that maybe I just have been unlucky, as that was one of the things that drew me to Atlas in the first place, community was much nicer than League or HotS.

So it's not just me.
    I've been playing since Season 1 and overall the (in-game) community has been fine. Mostly silent really. But before Season 4 and the one year anniversary I took a break for a month or two to do other life things.

I came back and... man. Every 5 to 7 games or so there's someone flaming someone else or giving up extremely early on. One of the best experiences I had was a Meridian who refused to heal anyone after our Kaigin took a lot of unlucky damage because "you know when a game is over by turn 3."

Every 5 to 7 games isn't much, but compared to what I could probably generously estimate as a 20 game buffer between toxic players that's quite an increase in toxicity. And numbers aside: the worst I got pre S4 was some foreigner flaming me in their given language for not aiming at someone who I thought would dash. Now I get people who flat out give up if someone on their team takes damage.

Just a thought but maybe its because they are scraping the barrel with the limited amount of people they have marketed to?

just type "turn based pvp game" into google and AR hardly has a mention or look at the complete lack of investment in advertising and promoting the game.

I hope I'm wrong.

I just typed "free turn based pvp game" into google and there isn't a mention until halfway down the second page and that's a news article from mmos.com. oh dear.

You were probably unlucky Koravel... generally AR isn't toxic... You still see it a little bit, but its rare, and often gets called out which is a nice change to other online games.

I too have noticed an increase in toxic behavior in team chat even with people I've played with before. Ranked game above rank 10 has a fairly small player pool and it's common to play with the same group for several games and it boggles my mind when someone is an ******* knowing the likelihood you're going to be playing with against them is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Koravel View Post
    I played this game back in Season 1, and have recently come back. Still just playing casually, not ranked, but the playerbase has been exceedingly toxic. Point in case- convinced my girlfriend to try it with me again, and the very first game we had a Nyx on our team that constantly pinged teammates on the head when he thought they were out of position and called people trash in chat. Mainly her, because granted, she was a bit rusty.

If you wanna take the game that seriously, need to go to ranked, first off.

Second off, have I just got the short end of the stick playing recently, or has this community become more like other MOBAs as the game has grown?

And yes, I reported him, I hope he gets banned, behavior like that needs to be.
    I've been here since alpha and I've seen very few people like that. Probably a dozen times total. Also, nobody likes a narc. Just block him like a big boy instead of trying to get someone banned who might have just been having a really bad day or something. That's just as toxic in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelMC View Post
    I agree. People are generally a lot more forgiving of new players. I also agree that it's usually a Nix.

+ Reply to Thread