+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Freelancer Idea: Digit

Freelancer Idea: Digit

Digit
    - Support
    - 150 HP

Looks
    - A old computer program, in a very poorly made robot chasis
    - Has a Windows 95 (or box TV) for a head.
    - Key board propped up, attached to Digit's chest.
    - left hand is Tesla coil.
    - Right hand in robot hand with a holographic middle finger blurring out.
    - Very lanky and lots of wires, cables, either attached into Digit or hanging over limbs.
    - Little taller than Lockwood.

Pew Pew Pew Blast Phase No Cooldown"Backspace Backspace Backspace!"
    Digit fires 3 electrical pules to target dealing 26 damage, can only target scan marked targets, and can shoot through walls to scan marked targets.

Scanner Sweep Prep Phase Free Action, No Cooldown " Please Enter The URL."
    In wide cone (Oblivion Shell size) scan the area, goes through walls, and marks any enemies caught in the cone. They stay marked as long as they're within 7 spaces of Digit.

Code Override Prep Phase 2 Turn Cooldown "Making Minor Improvements."
    Target ally gets all their cooldowns reduced by 1, gains 20 shields and can't have any debuffs affect them for the turn.

Cord Lash Blast Phase 3 Turn Cooldown "Makes Troll Face On Screen
    Lashes out cables to all scan marked targets, deals no damage, they get all buffs removed, removes 20 shields and get all abilities with cooldowns increased by 1.

File Transfer Prep Phase No cooldown, requires 100 energy " I'll Take That, Thank You."
    copy target player's ult like Pup's sub-wolf or Kaigin's specter of death.( if enemy then only do it if they're scan marked)( even if they don't have it.) Then scramble yourself for 2 turns. Only lasts until end of turn, so coping Helio's ult wouldn't last that long.

So, what do you think? It's not the usual type of support, it just puts buffs/debuffs on people. It's ult may be a little OP af.

Sounds really interesting and unique!
    Her first two abilities (are basically one ability, first of all, and also) feel very Quark-Esque. I don't really feel that's needed, since it doesn't really synergize with any other part of her kit. I think some sort of shared Echo Boost type ability (+1 to all buffs on the target) or giving an ally a random buff for one turn (this could be really interesting, as you could potentially give someone doing a huge AoE either Might for more damage or Energized for more energy) would make much more sense for her kit.

Code Override does way too much, especially with its cooldown. I'd start by making the cooldown 3 turns instead of 2.
    But it doesn't need to have a cool-down reduction, 20 shields, and debuff immunity all rolled into one. I think that just the CDR and the shielding is fine, and perhaps make a 3 point mod that also provides the target with Unstoppable. (Essentially debuff immunity but not really.) An ability that cancels the enemy's ability to counter you (especially not being able to counter ultimates by weakening the target) really takes away form the "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome." gameplay that Atlas Reactor is known for.

Cord Lash is, in a word, overpowered. If we remove Scanner Sweep from Digit's Kit entirely and don't make it a potentially team-wide AoE Purge + Ability Screwup + Shield Delete then it looks a lot more fair. Once again: I think the ability does way too much on base. I don't know which part is more annoying: the Purge effect or the Cooldown increase effect. Regardless, I'd remove one of them and make it a 3 point mod. Personally I think making the Purge a mod is more fair and less polarizing. Making the Cooldown Increase a mod would essentially make that mod mandatory in a lot of contexts.

File Transfer is very interesting. I've always loved ability stealer characters in MOBAs ala Rubick in DOTA 2. It could be really interesting to see what this character would be able to do in a live game, and all the interesting effects she could have.
    The one question I have is how the targeting will work. Will she just fire it in a radius around her (IE If Kaigin ult will she just jump in place?) or will you get to target it? If she steals a dash ultimate, will she be able to move with the dash or will she only be able to "project" the damage?

*Edit
    P.S. There's a subforum dedicated to Freelancer Kit Concepts here.

+ Reply to Thread