+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dashes should not grant "invulnerability" from other dash attacks unless they leave the affected area.

Dashes should not grant "invulnerability" from other dash attacks unless they leave the affected area.

As I'm sure everyone is aware, if you dash, you avoid damage from other dash attacks.

This creates a very frustrating scenario when an enemy both starts and ends within the affected area of a dash attack, thus meaning the character was in the affected area the entire time, and still takes zero damage.

There are some really infuriating cases for this, like a Lockwood dashing in the same straight line as a Tol'Ren (thus being in Tol'Rens ult path the entire time), yet is invulnerable.
    Or when Elle uses her 1-tile dash at the same time as a Kaigin ult, being within the ult's affected area the entire time, yet magically avoids all damage.

I thought it was a bug for a long time, but was then informed that no, it's working as intended.

To be honest, it certainly feels like a bug, and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's a distinct point of friction between the player and the game, and I request that in order for dashes to avoid damage, the user must not be in the affected area of an enemy dash attack. Meaning that if a character both starts and ends their dash within the affected area of an enemy dash attack, they are still affected by the attack. Frankly, it just kinda feels like ******** to miss an attack that by all rationale had no reason to have missed.

Just a request/suggestion.

Founder
    the reason for this is just the way that dashes work in the game, if dash attacks were able to affect other dash attacks, then you'd have to worry about dash speeds, and hitting dashing targets and such. and what happens if a titus dashes through a lock ult, and he starts inside the ult targeter, but ends outside it. should he take damage because lockwood went right through him while he was readying his dash? or should he take no damage since he left the affected area? I'm probably not the best person to explain this, but that's how i've always understood it

You could try not targeting a lancer that is more than likely not going to dash. Dashes should not hit dashes since they are not stationary attacks.

The reason they say is intended is because it will be a pain in the *** to code. Is that simple. I would suggest to the go with it. It's not something easy to do, and it won't be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenguywa View Post
    the reason for this is just the way that dashes work in the game, if dash attacks were able to affect other dash attacks, then you'd have to worry about dash speeds, and hitting dashing targets and such. and what happens if a titus dashes through a lock ult, and he starts inside the ult targeter, but ends outside it. should he take damage because lockwood went right through him while he was readying his dash? or should he take no damage since he left the affected area? I'm probably not the best person to explain this, but that's how i've always understood it
    All of this. It's much easier to say "dashes should hit dashes!" than it is to program them.

+ Reply to Thread