+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My current biggest problem with Issadora

My current biggest problem with Issadora

Let me start by saying that Issadora is extremely fun. She has good damage, can attack from a number of angles and do decent damage. Not to mention that Reactive Chains is probably one of the best anti-escape tools in the game.
    But there are a lot of problems with Issadora, and a lot of her abilities need tweaking. But right now the biggest problem I see with her is this:

Here's a theoretical scenario: I'm at 70 Shields and I'm about to take a PuP ultimate, so I don't want to be out of my Forceball when the turn is over. I have 50 Energy and I ult.
    Annnd I just lost 20 Energy.

The biggest problem I have with Issadora right now is that it's incredibly easy to effectively "waste" energy by ulting too early. This is especially annoying when you ult just to get knocked out of the forceball (let's face it 100 damage in a turn isn't that hard to take if ultimates are in play) and have to start from scratch because "XD You lost half your ultimate for no reason!"

I think Issadora should either retain energy if she can't add it to her shield (taking the previous example: I'd only use 30 energy to give myself 30 shielding, and I'd still have 20 energy left over) or should temporarily "overcharge" her shield past 100 when she ults, letting the extra shielding absorb some damage for the turn that she ults. (Similar to how healing someone past their health limit will negate any damage taken on the turn that they're healed, but not the proceeding turns.)

I think the scenario you mentioned illustrates the p. much core decision making process anyone playing Hamster of Doom must go through and isn't that much of a big deal really. constantly weighing the risks & rewards of staying in the bubble vs. going out of it and making decisions based on that will be what distinguishes good pilots from bad.
    The one thing that could cause cowboys and Indians to join forces is their mutual enemy: dinosaurs.

Personally I see it as an unnecessary bit of extra fluff that gives Isadora her 9 difficulty rating when it could easily be an 8. Honestly Izzy isn't as hard as Trion thinks: all her abilities are very simplistic and it's just the whole "two forms" thing that throws players off.
    A small change like this that honestly feels more Quality of Life than anything would do a lot to make Issadora far simpler to approach and more fun to play. It wouldn't remove any of her strengths or weaknesses, but rather allow her to use her core mechanic more effectively.

Izzy

That is the entire Schtick behind isodora is that energy is health and survivability. You have to decide is it better to suit up and stay in bubble after the pup ult, or lose your bubble then suit up later. It's a huge part of playing her, I really hope they don't get rid of that part of her kit, it would make her so much easier to play and not in a good way. My favorite thing about playing Dora is that I actually have to think about what I'm doing instead of being on auto pilot with any other freelancer in my pool(been playing way to god damn long, not a testament to my skill just play time) I love that I have to pay attention with Izzy it makes her engageing and fun.

+ Reply to Thread