+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fourlancer Game Mode Feedback

1.   This is the last Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #1
    Community Manager

Fourlancer Game Mode Feedback

Chapter 5 introduces a new "Fourlancer" game mode where one player controls all 4 Lancers vs another player controlling all 4 in deathmatch. Let us know how you feel about the turn timer, currently we are trying with 60 secs.

Check out the Isadora reveal stream and new game mode talk at the end of our stream.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169776736

Thanks,
    Mobi

I play usually 1v1 with 99s timers and found it good. Also matches were good, the disadvantage is that it takes around 45 mins to finish the match. However, it really depends on what the devs want to do with the mod, because 1v1 is more like chess than fast action paced, doing the latter makes it a bit of a brawl and not exciting for me personally.
    Honestly if this fixes the catalyst issue with the custom games and controlling bots, I will personally like it a lot.
    Currently I mostly play the game in 1v1 or 1vX modes in custom games.

Atlas Reactor by e-mail when?

So we tried playing today, but could never match, I tried getting in queue with Awe, but never got matched eventho we are similar R levels and MMR, we timed out at 1000s of waiting. So couldn't test so far

"60 is not enough time for me in 1v1 my average turn takes 17+ sec, can you make it 80 so I can have 20 sec with each freelancer. I must have every thing possible that slows reaction times, like the virus ATCV-1 and the parasite Toxoplasma gondii." My feedback on discord.

Really though, 60 is not enough time, sure some games I can get down to 11 sec per turn with 1 freelance but have yet to with 4. I don't start planning until the last freelancer moves, also I never keep track of what abilities have what cool down. Honestly if it stays at 60 ill just pick the first 3 freelancer turns very carefully then have the 4th just run around the map like a chicken with his head chopped off.

80 would be too long but i think 65-70 would be nice.

60 seconds is a perfect amount of time. You need 20 seconds if you're coordinating with your team or trying to predict/watch what they're doing. When you control the entire team you don't need 20 seconds per lancer. It has pretty much the same level of urgency as 20 seconds with a single lancer.

For the devs, should we be concerned that the patch is supposed to come on Tuesday but we still can't pick our team in this mode?

Fourlancer is super fun, and even though I know all previous special game modes were temporary, please considering making this one permanent!

The best mode with the worst players.
    Seriously Countender players: can you stop tryharding with PuP + Helio tryhard comps? This mode isn't ranked, it's for fun. There are people like me who are just being silly and litterally using random number generators to pick my team (my theory is that I want to recreate the pubbing enviroment but be the only one controlling the team) and then I run into BS tryhard comps like Zuki + Juno where I just get knocked into Big One and then Lock Down every single time.

When I run into other pub scrubs like myself the game mode's a blast. Problem is that four in every five games I stop trying because "Oh hey look it's a level 999999999999 player who's won 40 tournaments. Well I have no chance to win at all!"

LoL thats not the case at all, fourlancer is mode made for veterans or for preferable solo players, where u can experiment builds and play how u best like, and if u say that u getting comboed to juno+zuki situation well.. supports provide ustopable, or u can use adrenaline, move on, but in all seriousness this gamemode was the best taht could happen to atlas.

+ Reply to Thread