+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Question about the new master skins

Question about the new master skins

If I "purchase" with ISO or FLUX one of the retiring skins TODAY will I still get the new master skin for free?

2.   Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #2
    Community Manager
    You would not get the new master skins if you bought the old master skin today. That was only if you had the previous master skins before the update, you got the new master skin automatically. The old master skins will be available for less than 2 weeks now, so you still have the option to get them until they are archived. We may bring back a way to get these archived skins again in the future.

Bummer, I have had a few lancers at lvl 20 for a while now and never decided on what master skins to buy. My indecision cost me. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Mobi View Post
    You would not get the new master skins if you bought the old master skin today. That was only if you had the previous master skins before the update, you got the new master skin automatically. The old master skins will be available for less than 2 weeks now, so you still have the option to get them until they are archived. We may bring back a way to get these archived skins again in the future.
    I asked on livestream Friday and Pete and James both said we have two weeks until after Chapter 4 goes live to get the master skins we want to also receive the new ones. I've also put this info on Reddit and Discord.

Twitch Video: 37 mins

I am grinding out Asana and Aurora, might add Celeste if I have time. Many others are also doing the same, this kind of thing needs to be put on the blog so people come back and get those old master skins that will be archived in two weeks plus the new one for free (if its not already black and white - default skin only.)

5.   Click here to go to the previous Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread. Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #5
    Reactor Team
    Ahh, I slightly misunderstood the question. I meant to say that you get both if you already have the master when the new master is released - and we'll keep the old one around for another 2 weeks (not meaning you'd get both - that was originally supposed to be for people that had already purchased).

But since there was obviously confusion on that, I'll make sure to do another grant at the end of the two weeks too. So if you get the old master within those 2 weeks, you'll get the new one too. Unfortunately, the code isn't set up to grant them automatically - so players will receive them at the end of the 2 weeks when the manual grant is done.

Thank you for confirming, appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I am grinding out Asana and Aurora, might add Celeste if I have time.
    Why? The only lancers that are getting the new master skins in two weeks are Zuki, Titus, Garrison, Asana, and Phaedra. They are the only ones that should have master skins being archived. I just looked in game and only those five lancers have a master skin with the word "retired" on it.

Unless I am totally confused only five skins are being archived.

Quote Originally Posted by netguy30 View Post
    Why? The only lancers that are getting the new master skins in two weeks are Zuki, Titus, Garrison, Asana, and Phaedra. They are the only ones that should have master skins being archived. I just looked in game and only those five lancers have a master skin with the word "retired" on it.

Unless I am totally confused only five skins are being archived.
    Because Asana got her's this week along with the other 4? I have two weeks to still get her "retired" skin which will give me the new one for free.

All freelancers who dont have a black and white default master skin get a new one eventually. Aurora and Celeste might be next or just in case I'll just do it anyway because I only want their original master skins. Others I either don't want or already have them.

Elle Finn Gremo Grey Helio Juno Nix Orion Oz Quark Rampart Rask and Su-ren also dont have black and white default master skins and will get new ones.

Actually I just realized I dont need Auroras original skin, its just plain black weeee and I have Necro if I want to wear black Celeste is next her green and black skin is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Because Asana got her's this week along with the other 4? I have two weeks to still get her "retired" skin which will give me the new one for free.

All freelancers who dont have a black and white default master skin get a new one eventually. Aurora and Celeste might be next or just in case I'll just do it anyway because I only want their original master skins. Others I either don't want or already have them.

Elle Finn Gremo Grey Helio Juno Nix Orion Oz Quark Rampart Rask and Su-ren also dont have black and white default master skins and will get new ones.

Actually I just realized I dont need Auroras original skin, its just plain black weeee and I have Necro if I want to wear black Celeste is next her green and black skin is great.
    Well I knew why you wanted to work on Asana since hers will be retired in two weeks, but it seemed as if you were trying to get all three done in the two weeks and I could not see why.

Quote Originally Posted by netguy30 View Post
    Well I knew why you wanted to work on Asana since hers will be retired in two weeks, but it seemed as if you were trying to get all three done in the two weeks and I could not see why.
    No prob, collectibles are my thing so I was just thinking out loud which was probably confusing. You would only farm Freelancers you want the original on to ensure your ISO costs which is what I'm plotting. That way you get that skin and then the black and white new one for free. If you don't like the original (default) master skin no need save ISO for when the new master skin comes.

I currently own 14 masterskins so I have to spend wisely to stretch the ISO. One day hopefully I'll own all. #lifegoals

+ Reply to Thread