+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another Failure

Exclamation Another Failure

So I think we can all agree the best teams played at the DI tournament and the PPl finals, with the top players in the game in there.
    So how are barely any of the top players in contender list? Last I looked I counted 1 player from the top 4 teams there which is a disgrace for such a small community. Because the game is still not balanced for players with skill to advance, insteads reqards just spamming games and getting matched against really weak players who have more influence in losing a game than any good player can winning one.

Whilst they may not think so directly, the reason almost all top players in tournaments are thinking of quitting is because they have to continuously play in games where the quality of player is so low. If I'm lucky I get matched with 2 other players in the game (not even my team) that have relative skill levels and this just shouln't be the case. This makes the game incredibly boring because nobody cares about these games the developers are so keen to push onto people.

I think any player that develops to a remotely good level will be sorely disapointed soon with most of the top players not playign anymore, and it's too late to fix this most likely. Hopefully the lesson should be learnt by the team behind the game that to have a great game like this you have to make it competitve which Atlas simply isn't.

Smite, as of 8:30pst, has 8000 players on now. http://steamcharts.com/app/386360
    Their top tier, grandmaster, has 25 spots. http://smite.guru/leaderboards/pc?page=1&queue=451
    Two of em played in the spl summer split. http://esports.smitegame.com/2017/05...split-rosters/

Atlas Reactor, as of 8:30 pst, has 300 players on now. http://steamcharts.com/app/402570
    Our top tier has 20 spots.
    And we have AT LEAST one in our tourney. I'm not even looking, I'm going off what you said.

I spent a long time laughing at the premise, and kept laughing as I looked up the numbers. "Something something my skill is not represented" claims are old hat. "Something something ded gaem" crys are too.

I respect your testimony that you find your teammate quality to be piss poor. Please, in the future, refer to your testimony as your testimony, and don't put your testimony in my mouth.

You don't talk about now, you should be talking about the number of players that actualy participate in the ranked system., but we'll use your numbers.The Smite community is way larger, therefore you would expect the percentage of competitive players to the community to be smaller, infact using your numbers with 80 smite players and 8k (which is actually 15k) of everyone you can see that's 1% of the community right there.

Now we take the top 4 teams, 16 players into the atlas community ,300 (actual 500) and we get 5.3%. That's a huge differential (more so if we use the proper numbers) but obviously isn't reflected because the Smite example has a lowe percentageand still more players in the top tier.

Sorry I didn't premise the entire thing properly, this only applies to good players so why would you assume this includes you?

It doesn't even claim to include all top players, just a decent majority, but I bet if asked most would respond similarly. I'm just the only one who brings it up in a public forum instead of *****ing about it on a private discord because I do like the game, it just needs to have some matchmaking changes.

I just have a higher tolerance for bad plays hence I keep playing ranked.

There are quite a few high ranking players that played in the tournament. All of S.E.E.S are high ranked contenders. Night (your teammate) is a contender. 3 Members of Midnight are up there... not sure where you got your data.

Well i used top 4 teams in solo queue, which means you are the only solo queue contender in that. So I don't know what you're reading, but clearly your brain didn't quite get that bit.
    The point is that all solo queue is, spamming a massive number of games and winning when the bad players are on the other team and losing when they are on yours. Your skill as long as it is in the top 50% of the ranked community is irrellevant because you gain points with a 50% winrate. And like I said, good players. Duo queue is a different beast alltogether for good pal;yers because they automatically get the extra win rate from havign 1 less person on their team from being a complete garbage can.
    Futhermore, you may be the exception that doesn't mind solo queue being the way it is, as someone who has played at high levels in other games (LoL and Rocket League) I can't even comprehend those games havign a ranked systemlike AR. It's beyond doubt that most of the top tier players would think rank is a farce, and it'll be the same here unless something changes.
    I actually think last season was better because you had to atleast maintain a respectable winrate instead of just taking the 50-60% gains for smashing complete noobs.

You're complaining about a game that is still very new compared to other games mentioned in this thread, and one that is still trying to grow. In doing so it's bringing in new players that may not be as good as you but are still here to learn the game and have fun. In my opinion this is a good thing and the only negative I see here are people with an attityude similar to yours to be honest Hossy. You strike me as the kind of player that complains but does nothing to help. Must be hard being the best, 'ey?

I do agree that ranked seems worse than last season due to the fixed and incredible stagnant point loss/gain per match. I have said it many times that individual stats should be taken into account of matches in some form. i have played many a match where someone has died 3 times simply by making the worst move possible ( normally a nix, oz or grey) and doing little damage and have managed to still win the match and it seems odd that they should be gaining the same points as everyone else on there team for such poor playing and I normally hear some for of response of something like thats not how any other game is figured out for a team based ranking system and i say why the hell not.

So why is it that individual stats are not taken into account. if a person is getting killed 3 times and their team happens to pull out a win they should not be getting the same point gain as the others. It would make accolades actually give some form of meaning. I have swept all 4 on numerous occasions and yet I only gain 30 points the same as the rest of the team.

It seems to me that individual stats should be and need to be accounted for in some way. I am sure Hossy does not agree with my play style but it often works more often than it fails and I know I have carried many a game for the win. If individual stats per match were included it would easily solve some of the problems that persist. It should not be everyone gets a gold star kind of ranking. if you die 3 times in a match you should be smacked with extra point loss even if you win the match. It would easily help separate the actual good players that do not have enough time to spam games.

More or less: * Make badges worth some form of point gain
    *Make accolades some form of point gain
    *number of kills per match per life should matter
    *If you get killed 3 times in a match because you are playing Oz, Nix, or Grey or any other lancer that should be an additional point loss.
    *If you decide to pick nix on cloudspire, additional point loss - wait i covered the 3 death thing but that choice of character on that map is a bad decision from the start in my
    opinion

If those things were taken into account things would shake out way better for the good player and more detrimental to the poor players and the trolls

I personally feel I should be about where I am at now and I am positive that I would be close to the same spot with a whole lot less games played If personal stats were includes in some form.

That is just my 2 cents, but what do I know I like to dash 2nd turn and I am new.

Also why does the lancer level 100 boarder seem so much more unimpressive than the level 80 boarder, the diamond boarder is so nice and sparkly and the rainbow is kinda bland, in my opinion they should be flip flopped

i also forgot to mention that Quarks a turd

among all the insults, ego trips and napkin math, Hossy does bring up a valid point in that with a 50% win rate, the only factor that determines your position on the leaderboard is time and the number of matches you've played. I finished season 2 somewhere around the top 20; this season, I reached master and stopped giving a damn when I saw just how many games I have to PLAY, let alone win, to even compete. given my limited play time, there's no way for me to even try to match what I achieved last season.

tl;dr: solo rank system this season is bad, and so is Hossy's posting.
    The one thing that could cause cowboys and Indians to join forces is their mutual enemy: dinosaurs.

Isn't that the same for any ranked game mode thopugh? I could play 100 games of LoL and have 100% win rate, but I'll still not be able to match the guys that have 60% with 1000 games played. I'm not saying that ranked isn't flawed, just saying that blaming it on having to play more games pretty much covers the entire online ranked gaming community.

+ Reply to Thread