+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Nev:3 Bugs and Feedback

Nev:3 Bugs and Feedback

Post 'em as you find 'em.
    • Acrocat damage indicator calculates cover from the source square, but cover damage seems to be calculated based on the dash destination square.
    • Meowch mod on catarang is bugged: You gain the bonus damage even if they dash the returning disc.
    • While Embiggify and the Meowch mod seem to treat Mousetrap as a returning disc, Acrocat's 'Disc Fever' mod does not. (no damage boost)

Underwhelming Ultimate

Hey, just something i noticed.

i know her ult only costs 50 energy but if you get all 3 Catarangs to converge on 1/2 people only getting 12 damage for good positioning/dashes is VERY unrewarding. even if you make it +2 damage per Catarang or being hit by multiple slow them. there needs to be some reward for more hoops that hit one person. i realise it is supposed to be kinda like Oz's ult but even with his youre able to switch between them and aim the shots, and they do like double the damage. just a thought <3

The alt targeter on the ground doesn't properly shows the ender location of the disc on basic skill making it the visual mark on the ground one square less than it should be, the dash of Nev:3 shows the targeter on the starter location making fake information since she shoots the disc on the dash ender location, f.e. if enemy is on cover straigh to you and u use her dash to attack but u surpass the cover on the dash end location, it will show cover dmg but actually she shoots the disc from her dash ender location and it would deal full dmg, this is simple feedback among bugs, her 5 skin ( the rainbow recolour one) should add something to her just not be colourfoul because 5 for that seems a bit much idk add like the disc trail let rainbows colours instead of the blue trail and would be no probs, Btw love the detail that if u have a disc floating on and you tp, it will show the disc following you to your tp direction.

Small problem where targeting a primary or ult catarang through a corner will simultaneously indicate damage on an enemy and display the square in question as untargetable. The catarang will deal the promised damage in this scenario.

Meowch mod on catarang is bugged: You gain the bonus damage even if they dash the returning disc.

6.   This is the last Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #6
    Community Manager
    Thanks for your feedback and reports, I passed your messages along so we can take a further look.

I agree with what Zafnir proposed.

The "minigame" in NEVs case is the lining up of returning discs, throwing while predicting and positioning again correctly.
    That the ultimate just throws out 3 discs is all good (that the throwing doesn't stack is already a letdown, but I'd let that one slide). But that the returning ones don't stack... I really don't understand that one.
    As Zafnir said, even a small +dmg like +2 for several discs hitting the same target would make the lining up much more rewarding.

Oz ult was stated as a comparison -> 25 base +10 (per extra hit) = 45 max -> but of course he also buffs his next attack by another 10 (+3-5 depending on mods) = a potential 96 (single target) or 95 (multiple targets) max damage over 2 turns (around 80 over 2 turns is more realistic)
    Potential 45 damage for 100 Energy

But I might throw in Juno ult with her 50 energy activation as a comparison to Nev:
    Juno ult -> 38 base +7 (with mod depending on distance) = 45 max (that also counts as a movement trap) - a potential 90 max damage over 2 turns (76 over 2 turns is more realistic)
    Here's where it gets ridiculous: 100 Energy - 50 (activation) turn 1. -20 (sweep) +5 natural regen turn 2. -20 (sweep) +5 natural regen turn 3. -20 (sweep) +5 natural regen turn 4 - done with ulting.
    That's a potential 180 damage for 100 Energy over 4 turns

Nev ult right now -> 24 base (+12 from a returning disc) = 36 max-> (returning discs the following turn) 12 +8 (from a potential embiggify) (24 (next attack) +4 (Meowch mod) or +6 (if you use Acrocat with Disc Fever which negates Meowch mod) =a potential 86 max damage over 2 turns (with 72 being realistic)
    Potential 116 damage for 100 Energy (over 3 turns)

Let's throw in a "normal" freelancer ult:
    Nix ult -> 50 base +10 (Reaper rounds) = 60 max -> 34 (normal attack) +4 (Spotter) = a potential 98 max damage over 2 turns
    60 damage for 100 Energy

MY CHANGE IDEA:
    So by that comparison I'd change Nev's ult to something like this:
    24 base (+12 from a returning disc) (+2 per extra disc hitting on throwing out) = 40 max -> (returning discs the following turn) 12 (+2 per extra disc) +8 (from a potential embiggify) = 24 max +24 (next attack) +4 (Meowch mod) or +6 (if you use Acrocat with Disc Fever which negates Meowch mod)= a potential 94 max damage over 2 turns (I'd still consider 76-80 to be a realistically achivable max damage though - for all 3 throw-out discs to hit you'd need to be within 2 spaces and not use the fidget-spinner layout. The lineup of 3 returning discs is really hard too, in my opinion)

While calculating and comparing, Nev's ult as it is right now was actually closer to others than I expected. So you could even remove the +2 on throw-out discs to get it better in line. 90 potential max (74-76 realistic)
    Not gonna go into energy here... is pretty much the same as how the ult is right now.

(Thanks to Kindath! (removed +4 Meowch mod where it doesn't apply))

For those that are theorycrafting, the Meowtch mod only applies to her primary, not her dash or ult.

The damage can be activated by any existing disc (including mouse trap), but she only gains the +4 damage on an outgoing disc thrown by primary.

Basically all of her primary mods only apply to her primary.

+ Reply to Thread