+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hackers?

Hackers?

I haven't played in a while so I guess I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I've been seeing hackers since I came back. Did they add anything that would legitimately let people teleport to the other side of the map? There's a few times lately where I've been on a melee freelancer and chased someone almost to the edge of the map. Then they instantly teleport like they had used a catalyst and end up almost against the opposite edge of the map. I'm sure they're not dashing or anything. Especially since last time it was Gremolitions. Their dash range isn't that far, the animation and sound effects are obvious, and I would have taken damage. It obviously couldn't have been bombing run. They teleported over double the range of the longest ranged catalyst. Am I crazy or was that a hacker? If so, where do I report them? I'm going to start recording all my games.

^
    ''Did they add anything that would legitimately let people teleport to the other side of the map? ''

[check what teleport catas are available]

If you have vision on someone when they catalyst, they will briefly leave an icon on the ground indicating which catalyst it was. Learning those icons is pretty useful, and then you'll know if they used "teleport to ally" (which is a thing now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
    If you have vision on someone when they catalyst, they will briefly leave an icon on the ground indicating which catalyst it was. Learning those icons is pretty useful, and then you'll know if they used "teleport to ally" (which is a thing now.)
    That had to be what it was, thanks. I didn't know about that. That's ridiculously broken.

It's actually pretty weak on many freelancers and maps. especially if you have a probe to hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hossy View Post
    It's actually pretty weak on many freelancers and maps. especially if you have a probe to hand.
    You're calling the ability to go all the way to the other side of the map instantly "pretty weak"? You better have a pretty spectacular explanation.

Your ability to drop vision is severely limited by how your teammates are arranged. Since it puts you right next to someone, you trade the danger you were in for the danger they are in. I've had someone teleport into my Zuki ult that way, for example. Certainly, it's amazing some times.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelmancer View Post
    You're calling the ability to go all the way to the other side of the map instantly "pretty weak"? You better have a pretty spectacular explanation.
    It seems strong to start but can cause all kinds of issues. It's by no means invincible

+ Reply to Thread