+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Translation irritates the eyes.

Translation irritates the eyes.

Hello everyone, or rather hello Kish.
    In ranked matches, the translation of the blocking of heroes looks a bit disgusting.
    It says "БАНОВ" but it would be better to indicate "Блокировка", "Заблокирован", "Забанен" or just "Бан", although the last two are not very correct too..
    А мне много и не надо. Власть над
    миром и чего-нибудь покушать. (с)

2.   Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #2
    Reactor Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Osterion View Post
    Hello everyone, or rather hello Kish.
    In ranked matches, the translation of the blocking of heroes looks a bit disgusting.
    It says "БАНОВ" but it would be better to indicate "Блокировка", "Заблокирован", "Забанен" or just "Бан", although the last two are not very correct too..
    Hi again Osterion!

Is it an "ugly" translation because it's a "Russian plural" form of the transliteration for the English Ban? Would you mind commenting on the options you suggested as well? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Hi again Osterion!

Is it an "ugly" translation because it's a "Russian plural" form of the transliteration for the English Ban? Would you mind commenting on the options you suggested as well? Thanks!
    Yes of course. If you want "Russian plural" form of the transliteration for the English "Ban", then it will be "БАНЫ". But it is better to specify "БЛОКИРОВКИ", it looks more aesthetically pleasing, and the meaning carries the same.

However, it is not entirely clear to me why the ban are plural, since there is only one ban on each side. Or I'm running in front and "Reactor Team" going to increase the number. Honestly, it would not be bad, since there are already a lot of heroes.

4.   Click here to go to the previous Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread. Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #4
    Reactor Team
    Thanks for the helpful notes - we'll change the translation to Блокировки with the next text update!
    I believe the plural "banS" refers to 1 ban coming from each team, or it may be covering for any unlikely change in the future that introduces more than 1 bans. The text has not changed since Ranked was introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Thanks for the helpful notes - we'll change the translation to Блокировки with the next text update!
    I believe the plural "banS" refers to 1 ban coming from each team, or it may be covering for any unlikely change in the future that introduces more than 1 bans. The text has not changed since Ranked was introduced.
    You're welcome. It's nice to know that developers listen to the opinion of players and do everything possible for their pleasant game.

P.S. I just have not been in the game for a long time, I missed about a year. And now I returned to my favorite "Reactor" again. But when I went into the ranked battle, this inscription immediately caught my eye.

6.   Click here to go to the previous Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread. This is the last Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #6
    Reactor Team
    Welcome back to the game - there are lot of new things to explore, as I'm sure you've been finding out.

We want to make the experience as fun and enjoyable as possible, so feedback like yours is truly appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread