+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Season 3 changes discussion thread.

Season 3 changes discussion thread.

Well the title speaks it all. Feel free to discuss the changes here. For now i will start with the thing that i am most displeased with:

>>> Additionally, all shift catas will display their icon on the ground when used, to make it more clear what each player has used. <<<

Dash catas are a huge part of the gameplay and guessing which one was used like (shift into the camo square or behind a wall) or (invis in the mid field) - all that was a big part of the high-level matches. In the season 3 we now have a great additional cata "Regroup" which can make this part of the guessing game even deeper, but no. The devs decided that "the game is too hard, we need to make it easier for the guys who has played 1 match and went crying on the forum that the enemy has disappeared, because he prolly was a "haxxin cheat0r".

Any decision that makes the game simplier and removes tactical choices - is a poor decision. I am strongly against that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomimimode View Post
    Well the title speaks it all. Feel free to discuss the changes here. For now i will start with the thing that i am most displeased with:

>>> Additionally, all shift catas will display their icon on the ground when used, to make it more clear what each player has used. <<<

Dash catas are a huge part of the gameplay and guessing which one was used like (shift into the camo square or behind a wall) or (invis in the mid field) - all that was a big part of the high-level matches. In the season 3 we now have a great additional cata "Regroup" which can make this part of the guessing game even deeper, but no. The devs decided that "the game is too hard, we need to make it easier for the guys who has played 1 match and went crying on the forum that the enemy has disappeared, because he prolly was a "haxxin cheat0r".

Any decision that makes the game simplier and removes tactical choices - is a poor decision. I am strongly against that one.

There definitely are some fundamental changes taking place to the core game.

I agree, dash catalysts are nerfed to a degree with the addition of the indicator icon.

And I do not agree with the addition of a long range teleport either . I guess it was necessary after the removal of turtle tech - instead of a 35 shield, you can port to get the health of a teammate to block damages.

And to speak to the removal of Turtle Tech (combined with Brain Juice nerf) - support players are getting the shaft.

Poor Quark got hit with a double nerf this patch, Health reduction and no one turn shield option should change players opinion of his power.

Orion's balance will also be altered, using turtle tech with fate transfer was a significant part of Orion's play.

The other supports (and all lancers) are all also going to be strongly effected by the TT BJ nerf combo.

In summation - I expect matches to become shorter, and Lancer balance to be significantly impacted by the catalyst changes.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
    There definitely are some fundamental changes taking place to the core game.

I agree, dash catalysts are nerfed to a degree with the addition of the indicator icon.

And I do not agree with the addition of a long range teleport either . I guess it was necessary after the removal of turtle tech - instead of a 35 shield, you can port to get the health of a teammate to block damages.

And to speak to the removal of Turtle Tech (combined with Brain Juice nerf) - support players are getting the shaft.

Poor Quark got hit with a double nerf this patch, Health reduction and no one turn shield option should change players opinion of his power.

Orion's balance will also be altered, using turtle tech with fate transfer was a significant part of Orion's play.

The other supports (and all lancers) are all also going to be strongly effected by the TT BJ nerf combo.

In summation - I expect matches to become shorter, and Lancer balance to be significantly impacted by the catalyst changes.

With some of the changes like the lower healing on the regen cata and removal of turtle tech supports become more important. It will be interesting to check out the new catas and see how they work. I assume they probably will go through the standard analysis and balancing stuff as this season goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    With some of the changes like the lower healing on the regen cata and removal of turtle tech supports become more important. It will be interesting to check out the new catas and see how they work. I assume they probably will go through the standard analysis and balancing stuff as this season goes on.

Yes, the removal of TT and Brain Juice is a double edge sword.

Yes, you can consider that it makes supports become more important, but they are actually the ones really being hit hardest by the changes.

You are aware you could tell what catalysts people used before right?
    The sounds each dash makes is different, and it literally tells you in the action bar what they used if in vision. Nothing has changed except it's easier to see if mulptiple people use it on the same turn.

Really not fond of the catalysts changes.
    I don't mind the new TP but loosing TT and getting nerfed second wind/BJ is breaking something that was working well.

And as a Nix main, it's already hard enough to play stealth considering the large number of reveal abilities/mods in the game, but Probe is just killing it.

It's like everything was made to lower the survivability of freelancers, to get quicker deaths/matches and i just don't like that.

I think we need to give it a chance to bed in. Essentially, we're going to have to learn to play slightly differently but that's ok, because it makes it easier for everyone and closes the gap between elites and newbies, making the game more inclusive.

I'm not against any of the changes per se, but I shall probably miss TT the most, simply because as an inexperienced player it got me out of jail a few times. So... now I actually have to improve in order to prosper. Boo hoo! I gotta work on my game!

To be fair, that's not a bad thing and I'm being sarcastic a little bit but I think it's actually moving to a place where those who are skilled will gain dividends, while those who are inexperienced will still get an enjoyable game without getting ganked.

But time is going to be the ultimate test.

+ Reply to Thread