+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do they know where I am to hit me?

Post How do they know where I am to hit me?

I may be misunderstanding the effect of "Stealth Pads" or they may be bugged. I just don't know.

When somebody I want to hit is on one, I can't see them unless it's red.

But when I go hide on one, it seems like I have this huge beacon on my head saying "HERE I AM! Come HIT me!"

Is it fundamental user error?

Are you revealed by another player?

Did the other team see you move into those spaces?

Did you use a dash or teleport and moved into a predictable spot?

If you're playing against bots, sometimes they seem to just cheat.

Only a few attacks actually need vision on the target to hit them (like PuP's dash.) Otherwise, you can aim the attack anywhere you like. So they are free to aim where they think you are, even if they don't actually have vision on you. And they don't have to aim at just one square, either. They can often hit all the squares you might have gone to with the same shot.

So my guess is that it's usually Vostok's second question: They saw you move into to stealth pad, knew you were on the square with your icon over it or the one right next to it (because your move is 4 and you did something that turn), and shot at both.

I rarely play against bots - usually just to practice. Mostly I play in PVP

So yeah I think you're right they may be predicting but I did have a couple of games where I moved from start to a stealth pad in the centre (this was my first move in game) and somebody seemed to come straight at me, and boom, hit me right where it hurt. Hence the question. That just seemed an extraordinary piece of good fortune or somehow they could see me

If its a first turn move chances are they were just blind aiming hoping that someone was silly enough to stand there without cover which is never wise to do in the first place. I see way to many people stand out in the wilds first turn for no good reason and i know i have punished them for it if they are not on my team and if they are on my team i often warn them that it is not a good idea, which is often igrored and then they are dead 2 to 3 turns later. Either stay further back or take cover and never ever bunch first turn because you are just setting yourself for disaster. I dont know how many times i have chucked a long bomb stim grenade with bb on the 2nd turn and hit 2 to 3 people because of that but i play alot which normally puts things in my favor to begin with because it seems no matter who is playing certain lancers they always go to the dame general area for some reason. And if im playing Phaedra its really bad for the other team cause i come in like Miley Cyrus 99 percent of the time with amazing results

If you know that a full move is 8 tiles and a regular move is 4 tiles, you can have a decent guess on where they are in that particular bush. Don't forget that the game always shows the last known position and decent players tend to cover several tiles with a single shot. That's why when entering a bush, it's wiser to set your waypoints on your own. For example, you can do a full move by entering the first tile of a bush and go all the way up. This way, as the last known position will be the bush you entered in, you'll be in a safer position.
    The only thing the bush really does is preventing someone to use a targeted dash at you, such as Pup and Kaigin dashes. But basically, if someone had LoS on you when you entered the bush, they can easily have a guess on where you stand.

GL & HF

This has happened to me a few times where players would pin point the EXACT square. I think it may be a visual bug.

There is an entire guide on how these works.

Check out the link
    https://atharyia.wordpress.com/2017/...ouflage-tiles/

Quote Originally Posted by Kerodon View Post
    There is an entire guide on how these works.

Check out the link
    https://atharyia.wordpress.com/2017/...ouflage-tiles/
    Is that blog yours? It's really useful

+ Reply to Thread