+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do I measure my effectiveness?

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
    The season 3 teaser hinted at a lot of new metrics, maybe we'll get these kinds of things!
    Season 3 new metrics and achievements are of a great concern to me, tbh. I expect alot of players trying to do "achievements" and earn "badges" instead of playing efficiently. I definetly dont dislike more precise statistics, BUT if i were to make that system - i would have done it in a special statistics tab in collection or even as a stat page on a site, but definetly not in a form of the "badges and achievements" - i can guarantee that alot of matches will be ruined only because players will hunt for the bragging rights.

The stats people would try to achieve should in fact help the team or guide people to playing their character more effectively.

From what I saw, the stats that are prominent on a lancers end splash screen are related to their role.

Quote Originally Posted by kiesu View Post
    I'm still fairly new and I've been wondering, is over-healing a thing? If someone is missing 20hp, and i throw them a 30hp spell, what happens to the extra 10 hp on that turn? Will it immediately vanish or will it have healed him for an extra 10 if someone hits him on the same turn after getting healed? I'm always feeling really iffy throwing out heals because I don't know how this works. Shields give you visible extra HP even if full hp, but pure green heals just kinda... i don't know what happens to them.

I believe (I'm open to correction on this) that once somebody's fully healed, they can't have more. You can have shield but I think you're basically right, once at full health you can't be any more alive than that. In the same way you can overkill someone... they can't be deader than dead

You can overheal but you can never exceed your max hp. I have done it and often depend on it. Lets say you get shot hit for 35 damage while at full hp and for ease i will say its 120 max hp and you are hit with a heal of 30 you only recived 5 off you health. In other words if you are going over maximum hp the overmax persists untill end of turn.

Probably not the best wording but hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoclone View Post
    You can overheal but you can never exceed your max hp. I have done it and often depend on it. Lets say you get shot hit for 35 damage while at full hp and for ease i will say its 120 max hp and you are hit with a heal of 30 you only recived 5 off you health. In other words if you are going over maximum hp the overmax persists untill end of turn.

Probably not the best wording but hope it helps
    I *think* I understand what you're trying to say Eco, so I want to put it in my own words to make sure.

If you "overheal" at a given moment, that "wasted" heal remains in the game for the turn - so if you take further damage within that turn (jumping out of a damaging perimeter, for example) you get to keep the benefits that would otherwise have been wasted.

Scenario:

You've got 120 base health. Right now, you're on 110.

You get healed for 20. But as you do, Rio puts his fence around you... You're now on 120 hp but with 10 HP "in the bank"

So you go through Rio's fence (I *think* it does 20) and that takes from the technical 130 you might have had, leaving you with 110 at the end of the turn.

Those are grossly oversimplified figues, working exclusively from memory but I hope it illustrates the point.

The new stats are amazing! Thanks Trion

+ Reply to Thread