+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Season 3 Sneak Peek!

1.   Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #1
    Community Manager

Season 3 Sneak Peek!

Season 3 Is Fast Approaching
    Season 2 has been awesome, but itís nearly complete. On May 9th Season 3 hits hard with a ton of new content! Youíll enjoy a new freelancer, new map, more themed skins closely related to the developing lore, and a stats system so you can track and improve your skills as a hired gun.

New Freelancer
    We donít know much about the next freelancer, so letís list all the sneak peeks and leaks youíve collected:
    • Male
    • Support
    • No Dash
    • Melee
    • Wields a hammer (much larger than Helioís hammer)
    Everyone needs supports! They are the true glue that holds a team together, so youíll really want to stick close to him.

New Maps
    If youíve been following our Friday live streams on Twitch.tv/TrionWorlds, youíve probably seen the development of this map over time. Itís unique among our maps because each team starts in opposing corners, and it has a special rotating buff in a spot that starts fights and ends lives. You can expect to see teams battling in the middle, a wide-open area, or small skirmishes in the corridors around the edges. Itís full of conflict Ė Hyperionís specialty!

Robo-Skins
    Unlike the Hardlight series, these skins arenít just suits, but a complete robotic remake of the Freelancer. Check out this concept art for Kaiginís upcoming robo-skin!

Stats and Achievements
    Ever wonder how many attacks you prevented by shielding as Rampart? What about how many Void Marks you triggered as Kaigin? Season 3 will give you the opportunity to beat personal bests, check global averages, and earn badges each match! Weíll discuss Achievements in next weekís blog.

Ė The Atlas Reactor Team

Horray, I love the more stats addition and I really hope there is a Mecha-Phaedra in the works.

I assume the stat tracking will not be from previous games because my account might crash everything trying to calculate them lol. Im at 1997 take down with just Phaedra alone and im still creeping towards my level goal of 100 with her.

I'd love to see somekind of gladiator kind of game mode where everyone fights eachother but maybe nametags would be hidden so players couldn't team up.
    Seeing new maps is refreshing.
    Maybe add some map hazards in the new maps?

Quote Originally Posted by Trachinus Draco View Post
    Maybe add some map hazards in the new maps?
    I have been asking for the map hazards since this game was back in the beta. And also for the ability to knock lancers off the map edges (like on freighter). Those cries have never been heard, so you better forget that fleeting map-hazard dream asap.

5.   Click here to go to the previous Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread. This is the last Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #5
    Community Manager
    We want that too neko and Trachinus, but it is a tall order when it comes to impact vs work. We always prioritize to make sure we're bringing you as much balanced, bug-free content as fast as we can. While there are a TON of really cool ideas players have given us, we have to be sure we are making good use of our resources and continue to bring players the best experience we can. That ratio is very important to manage well.

TLDR: We want it too, it's always on our "list of cool ideas", but we have to make sure we're managing our resources and content releases carefully.

To keep everything competitive and fair, if there were any "hazards" added, the most fair and strategic would be a door that opens and closes on a cycle.

Adding damage that is not done by players takes away the skill component of besting the enemy team.

+ Reply to Thread