+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rampart's Shield and Su-Ren's Weaken - Bug or Feature?

Rampart's Shield and Su-Ren's Weaken - Bug or Feature?

https://youtu.be/_lw5fgl7x74
    Full detail: I weakened the enemy beside Rampart when he shielded and my weaken got blocked. I had the slow/haste mod and Rampart had the heal on hit mod.

Extra info thanks to ChinaStyle on the Atlas Reactor community Discord: Su-Ren needs the upgrade that lets her weaken/might through walls to hit through a Rampart shield. Khita's mark, however, does not.

Idk if it got changed but rampart wall also blocked Zuki ult from targeting, looked like she had ulted into a wall without the mod.
    Its kinda confusing since no other ability has a priority in its given phase (knock backs go last but all knockbacks still hit if they were going to). Interesting to find out what goes first in prep phase, is it just lock in order or rampart then everyone else?

Rampart has always blocked Zuki's ult, the same way that he's always blocked Titus' shout and Helio's Black Hole. The two things about this that confuse me are this:
    1. Su-Ren's weaken is a point-targeted ability. No other ability that I know of which is point-targeted can hit Rampart's wall.
    2. And on that note: Khita's mark goes through Rampart's wall, but not Su-Ren's weaken? Why? Why is her ability given priority over Su-Ren's? (I've been told because Khita's mark is technically a heal, and being able to block a heal would be OP. But Su-Ren's debuff is only a debuff, so IDK what the problem is.)
    3. I also didn't even target Rampart! I targeted the ally beside him, and it still hit his shield!
    There are a lot of other problems I have with Rampart (like how his shield will "block" Khita's ult even though it still hits him) but this bug is pretty much the crown jewel.

Both Su-Ren and Khita have a mod that allows it to go through walls. I'm going to test with my friend while he's doing Rampart and I'm playing Su-Ren with and without the go through walls mod. Plus, Rampart's shield will sometimes get hit by an attack but it'll still pass through, similar to how an attack will go through a wall and apply cover.

Edit: I just saw that you got the answer already. Well, rip me.

Looking forward to the answer on this one

+ Reply to Thread