+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: GG Boosts

GG Boosts

At the rate we currently get them, there is no point of having them in the game. Even the players who play 24/7 don't have enough for any sort of substantial use. We can't use them to grind XP on a lancer because we have don't have enough (not even for one lancer) and we can't use them to "GG" a game because...once again, we don't have enough to spare. Hording GG boosts seems to be our only option as it takes the fun out of their existence and also prevents us from using them the way they should be. Why are GG Boosts so scarce? Is there a point? I don't see a disadvantage to having a decent amount of GG Boost. Let us buy them with ISO(changed from Flux after reading a dev comment) or have the matrices consistently drop them instead of 3 for every 20 matrices. GG Boosts have become more of a dead functionality and a source of disappointment rather than a fun little addition to the game like they used to be. Please consider this as it would be harmless to implement.

*edited after reading comments below*

You can buy them.

Otherwise, if you always had a million of them it would just be like permanent XP increase rather than a bonus that you can use when you have it.

True, but I'm mainly talking about those who don't spend on micro-transactions or those who have purchased a full copy of the game, even before F2P. I apologize for the miscommunication and should of included that in my original post. You can't have a million of them if they are decently priced with in-game currency. Using them as soon as you have them provides such a minuscule benefit it's not worth it. Players can agree with me.

4.   This is the last Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #4
    Community Manager
    Thanks for reaching out don Jay! I like the feedback and will be sure to share it with the team. The theme of your feedback is good, however, I want to provide some insight into the solution that you've provided.

I think it'd be weak design if you could buy GG boosts with Flux because GG boosts GIVE Flux.

Just as a hypothetical example:
    GG boosts cost 25 flux
    GG boosts give you bonus flux after match
    Take bonus flux and subtract the 25, and that's what you really earned after the match.
    It's misleading.

I'm not in-tune with the design goals enough to comment on the "more drops in matrices" solution.

I trust that the designers will take your feedback and consider a solution that achieves the goal you are looking for.

Thanks for wanting to make this game better!

Also, you can buy them if you click on the GG boost at the bottom center of your screen.

Great point about purchasing with Flux. Can't argue with that. Maybe the only solution left for those who don't spend real money on micro-transactions would be a higher drop rate from matrices. Thank you for replying and taking the time to acknowledge my post.

+ Reply to Thread