+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some suggetions to make the game more catchy for new players while also including important tutorial elements

Some suggetions to make the game more catchy for new players while also including important tutorial elements

So I had some ideas to make the game more appealing for new players while also giving more insight on story and important gameplay elements

I was thinking along the lines of making singleplayer missions with different characters that then include different gameplay mechanics and story (for example you could do a mission as celeste where you have to steal something important without being seen so this will teach people how to use vision and camo squares and maybe even power ups if you were to include those as well)
    One could even go so far to make a new singleplayer mission whenever a new character releases so people can learn that characters mechanics.
    I think implementing the taunts into those missions as well give the game more catch as well cause lets be honest the taunts are some of the best things this game has to offer.

And if none of that gets implemented we for sure need a second advanced tutorial that teaches more about positioning camo squares and power ups.

Thanks to Rhode as well for providing some of those ideas

I also think the tutorial needs to be improved, check my ideas about the tutorial in this post I did weeks ago: Forum-post-Suggestions-to-get-new-players-keep-the-game-alive-and-boost-team-play

Find me in game and ill help. I play a ton and im over reactor level 600 and in solo contender. Just dont ask me about quark because he is a turd and i refuse to use him

Founder
    delet this -_-

(accidental double post)

Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecoclone View Post
    he is a turd and i refuse to use him
    This offends me greatly

Quote Originally Posted by Greenguywa View Post
    delet this -_-
    >Useful post

On topic: I do agree that the tutorial could use some spit-and-shine. In particular some of the more complex characters in the game (Su-Ren, Orion, Celeste) could use some explaining, in a similar fashion to how TF2 teaches you about the Engineer, Spy, and Medic: debatably their three most unique classes.

I did some Pve today in normal mode and I was surprised to see that bots are better than most of ppl I encounter in pvp. Which makes me wanna think that a lot of the players have not been taught the basics of this game. I pretty much blame the tutorial for this. Anyone jumping in ranked should be able to beat 4-5 stars bots but I doubt the majority of players can do that. Also I think 20 seconds is not enough for beginners. I think 20 seconds should be set only on 3 stars+.

Quote Originally Posted by LetoGT View Post
    I did some Pve today in normal mode and I was surprised to see that bots are better than most of ppl I encounter in pvp. Which makes me wanna think that a lot of the players have not been taught the basics of this game. I pretty much blame the tutorial for this. Anyone jumping in ranked should be able to beat 4-5 stars bots but I doubt the majority of players can do that. Also I think 20 seconds is not enough for beginners. I think 20 seconds should be set only on 3 stars+.
    I made a post in Steam Forums explaining why the Tutorial plays a big factor for new players not understanding a niche game, thus immediately deciding to quit it. I understand why some ppl. may disagree, i still believe it plays a huge factor in a niche game and Tutorial lacks greatly here.

Most ppl. wont go to forums to read guides or on YouTube. I play Co-Op 99,9% of the time, so i see how new players play it and it's not good. Sure, the game is niche, it has a longer learning curve, but if it feels odd or not comfortable to many, they'll leave instead of trying to learn.

I do hope the game will have a kind of "second wind", it needs and deserves more ppl.
    By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.

SOCRATES

+ Reply to Thread