+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Khita needs some balancing.

I think the fact that the heal is a free action is because if it wasn't, it would be horrible.

I've also been noticing that as time has gone on she has been less and less punishing in pubs. The playerbase-at-large is getting more comfortable with her and is increasingly better able to counter her.

And I've had too many times that I just really needed a prep phase heal before running away to recover, and instead had Khita on my team forcing me to stay and possibly die to get a heal, or run like I should and get none.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerodon View Post
    *SNIP*
    I appreciate the debate :3 No offense taken.
    Eh. I'll venture a guess then and make a prediction y'all can hold me to. If I'm wrong, I'll be wrong.

So like, I'm an oldschool dota player, going waaaay back. Around patch 6.48 or so - I can't look it up exactly because most of that info is long gone - the main DotA forums and a few top players were having arguments over Crystal Maiden. A few guys, mostly mid-tier players, were arguing that she was INSANE, due to a 2.4 mana per second global aura enabling all sorts of early game bulls**t. A few top players, along with the majority of other players, claimed this just didn't pan out in play/scrims: she was fragile, slow, a root was not as good as a stun, etc.

Cue a tournament game a bit later, this lower-tier team runs a full gimmick lineup with Crystal Maiden and like 4 heroes nobody was really using at the time. They pull of some nuts stuff, but ultimately I think they lost that game, naysayers went on about how it proved Crystal Maiden can't pull through a game the whole way, etc.

A few weeks later, that breakout performance got some teams to experiment with her, and she absolutely dominated the metagame. Definite ban/first pick.

I don't want to sound like an arrogant prick; I really could be wrong. But sometimes those handful of mid-tier theorycrafters can and do get ahead of the ball game. (In some ways it makes sense, top players are top players primarily for executing well, and those skillsets can be distinct from each other.)

So I'll stick to my guns on this one - claiming she's too far over the curve - and see where it ends up settling.

My first instinct is to ask if anyone ran her in a 1-1-2 lineup, rather than the traditional 2-1-1. Unfortunately it appears Prep Phase must have been running on radio silence since October or so; their site is down and their YT channel doesn't have anything past that date, unless I missed something.

Here are the results/video of a recent Prep Phase tournament. Apparently something is going on with their site but Restartt said it should be back to normal in the near future.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AtlasReacto..._4_tournament/

I could also definitely be wrong about Khita. Another example is how completely discounted Zarya was in Overwatch before people wised up. We need to see people use Khita in tournaments before we really see how she pans out in a competitive environment.

That said, I still think an enemy-dependent heal is not great. But the rest of her kit is good. She's a strong character herself, I just don't think she's a strong support. I think she could be good to double up with another support.

Quote Originally Posted by FogRaider View Post
    I don't want to sound like an arrogant prick; I really could be wrong. But sometimes those handful of mid-tier theorycrafters can and do get ahead of the ball game. (In some ways it makes sense, top players are top players primarily for executing well, and those skillsets can be distinct from each other.)

So I'll stick to my guns on this one - claiming she's too far over the curve - and see where it ends up settling.

My first instinct is to ask if anyone ran her in a 1-1-2 lineup, rather than the traditional 2-1-1. \.
    Yea, that's kind of what I'm saying basically. I don't think she's weak, I don't think she's overpowered. She is definitely very strong and very (personally) safe

Along with that, there's going to be some huge meta shift in the coming patches. The fall of quark may be upon us, and the giant meteor hurdling towards us that is catalyst changes are flying towards us and will lead us to impending doom. (Not a bad thing, just the dawn of a new age

As it currently stands, yea, she fit's better in non-standard comps.

She's beautiful in double melee comps, double support comps. She put's out enough damage and has safety and CC to back it up and let's the other support be more aggressive and is really dive enabling for double melee if you have her and the R fp play back until the dive is set up. She has a place, and as comfort increases I think she will be in a really good spot and have a really large impact on what people can do. But the WAY people play right now is what holds her back. Wait for cata changes, if it doesn't happen before that.

I mean, everyone is talking about her heal, but I think something like this is really broken:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKKj2Mfwht8

Well, it looks like nerfs went through in any case as of 3/22. I'm not saying that makes me right, but I did want to say I'm dropping all accusations of Khita being overpowered at this time. We'll see where she settles at this point.

I suspect they're going to undo some of those nerfs. Hitting her with all 3 was overkill IMO.

I have played with and against her in competitive scrims since these nerfs went into effect. Khita is still very viable in a coordinated team.

I think her biggest strength is actually her ult. It is common to see her get 3 a game if played well. Rooting multiple opponents and disengaging 2 or 3 times per game is extremely effective.

I would not be surprised if she gets tweaked again, likely in the energy gain department.

+ Reply to Thread