+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aurora buff?

Aurora buff?

I feel that Aurora could use one or more buffs. This has become more apparent after Khita was released.

Except for a few situational examples, I think Khita can do anything Aurora can do but better.

For example, compare Aurora's Paralyzer to Khita's Resonance Burst. One is clearly better than the other and they do the exact same thing. They have similar sized AOE's but Resonance Burst has a much better range. By themselves, these abilities are clearly unbalanced.

Also, Aurora doesn't have a dash or a source of strong shielding which means her damage prevention is terrible. Once enemies focus her, she has a very difficult time avoiding damage and disengaging. When I'm playing a Frontliner or a flanking Firepower, Aurora is almost always an easy kill for them.

Ideas for buffs

Make Healing Flare deal damage by default and replace the Flareburst mod with something new.
    -or-
    Improve shielding on Paralyzer (boring option but it would help).
    -or-
    Nerf Paralyzer's mods and make it a Free-Action.
    -or-
    Improve her energy gain. She only has one mod that directly improves her energy gain; Healing Flare's Infusion when she uses it on herself.
    -and-
    Improve her health pool.

I am aware that she was nerfed recently and that her health was also reduced at that time. I think that needs to be reverted because she needs that extra health to survive without dashes and shields. She currently has the lowest health pool for a support without a dash.

This is a very good point, aurora got hit with major nerfs post ranked s1, but now with Khita that is a bit more versital Aurora starts to loose ground more and more in sup game. Usualy in 20 round match my standad in heal/shiled column in tab manu is above 400 but since nerfs i think i havent went abou 400

Make Aurora Great Again

Paralazer has a much bigger radius, and it also ignores walls. You can't really compare the two.
    Also, Khita is apparently going to get nerfed soon.

I agree however that Aurora's survivability is too low. Especially for a low-difficulty freelancer. I see no reason for her to have less health that Finn or Helio, when her abilities are worse than theirs at keeping herself alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nales View Post
    Paralazer has a much bigger radius, and it also ignores walls. You can't really compare the two.
    Also, Khita is apparently going to get nerfed soon.

I agree however that Aurora's survivability is too low. Especially for a low-difficulty freelancer. I see no reason for her to have less health that Finn or Helio, when her abilities are worse than theirs at keeping herself alive.
    Basically this.

I think some buffs to Paralyzer's shield would be nice. An increase to her energy gain would be good, but you have to keep in mind that her ultimate is probably one of the best "Push Q for Play of the Game" (as it's called in Overwatch) ultimates in the game. An increase to her health would be very good though.

Perhaps Aurora should get a Dash? She suffers in a similar fashion to Helio in the sense that she has little to no get-away options. Helio can at least shove a Black Hole up his butt and Turtle Tech himself two turns in a row, but all Aurora has is a meh weaken and an even more meh melee-range knock-back that will be dodged our countered 80% of the time.
    I'm not saying Paralyzer could become her dash but... I'm kinda interested to see Aurora propel herself forward as she weakens enemies behind her with a stream of "energy". :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Nales View Post
    Yes I can because both abilities are practically identical in terms of purpose. Paralyzer's larger AoE size and ability to ignore walls does not make up for 20 less shield for everyone, less energy gain, far less overall range, and a cooldown timer thats 2 turns longer. Resonance Burst also has mods that improve the shielding even more and its 3x3 AoE is large enough to poke around corners. One is clearly better than the other.

Another thing I'd like to point out is Aurora's lack of Free-Actions. Khita can use Resonance Burst and Take Aim! on the same turn, a combo that can potentially save her whole team. Using Paralyzer often feels like a waste of a turn because it's underwhelming and it cannot be used with anything else. Surge of Might is a good mod, but the Might buff it grants Aurora is wasted because Paralyzer is the only action she can make on that turn.

I wouldn't mind if her heal or weaken was an extra. Anyhow I think her heal should be boosted. Something like an extra 10 health if it doesn't knock back anyone during the turn. Would make her definitely easier and stronger.

Aurora should get buff to skill 1: heal self for 4 - so the mod can be removed
    AND paralizaer: ether free action or aurora can run (double move) after use

Actually on the subject of Paralyzer: Its range could really use a buff.
    Playing Aurora for my Helio Corp skin quest and... wow. Over an 18 turn game I had one instance where I used Paralyzer and thought "Yeah. That was a good use of an ability. I wouldn't have been better of using my AA." What's more is I had about three instances where I went "HNGGGGNNNNN If only this ability had like 2 or 3 more range I could hit that Firepower instead of weakening the enemy support and giving my Frontline 10 Shields."

Seriously. 10 Shields? What a joke. I realize that Aurora's AA heals for 10 but... that's her AA. An ability that shields instead of healing shouldn't be worse.

I agree. I really love Aurora, but ever since Khita came out I havent seen any reason to pick Aurora over Khita- I already have them on the same level even though I preferred Aurora before. She is too easy to lock down and does far less damage than Khita (or atleast I'm pulling two thirds of the damage of our actual FP players on most games as Khita, while still doing aurora level healing).

I want to love Aurora, she is my favorite by design, but she just feels so weak compared to the rest.

increase paralazer baseline shielding by 2 per target hit, there we go, a skill worthy of a 5 turn cooldown.
    The one thing that could cause cowboys and Indians to join forces is their mutual enemy: dinosaurs.

+ Reply to Thread