+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranked soloQ needs to be separated from the duoQ.

Ranked soloQ needs to be separated from the duoQ.

Well this is exactly about what the title says. The soloQ and the duoQ has to be separated. There are alot of mobas that have tried to seed groups into the solo rating queue. There was LoL, there was HotS, etc. In the end they all ended up kicking groups of any size from the soloQ. Because the soloQ has to be what it says - the SOLO queue. When people go in there they dont expect to fight groups but this is exactly what is happening now.

I am not sure why exactly Trion is so hellbent on stepping on all the rakes possible, like making Atlas Reactor a b2p game(b2p moba. in the 2016. srsly what other results did you expected?) in the beginning or seeding groups into the soloQ. But well at least you try fix your mistakes. The game become fully f2p and i hope that the soloQ issue will be fixed soon as well. As for the duos - they need to have they own Q or be grouped up with the 4 manQ. That will be much more fair than dropping "group bombs" into the soloQ. And dont you dare to bail out of this by saying stuff like "we try to balance teams by mmr and finding duos for the both teams". Just look at the other games, accept the fact that letting groups of any size into the soloQ is a bad idea, fix it and carry on with the game development. That's all.

I see no real merit to separating the queues. The games will still be balanced the same. It would just have worse balance in duo queue and longer queues in both. The only reason I see for anyone to be unhappy is if they are getting a duo of really good players in their games.

separate single and duo queue

Quote Originally Posted by KoyoteKamper View Post
    I see no real merit to separating the queues. The games will still be balanced the same. It would just have worse balance in duo queue and longer queues in both. The only reason I see for anyone to be unhappy is if they are getting a duo of really good players in their games.
    I couldn't disagree with you more Koyote. A Duo team coordinating their actions and communicating has a SERIOUS advantage over a PuG group. Until players start using Discord team chat much more, putting Duos in the same queues as Solos is very unbalanced.

+ Reply to Thread