+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mmr

Founder

Mmr

yello, I've been playing for a while, and keep hearing stuff about MMR and ELO. I've been curious, but never really looked into it. Can I have a brief explanation for what it is and what it does? thanks in advance

MMR = Match Making Rating
    Elo = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system and is a very common basis for MMR

In short: you have a score. Playing with people of equal score should be 50/50 win/loss. If your score is higher than your opponents, you should have a higher chance of winning. Your score is adjusted at the end of every match based on whether you won or lost and what your odds were according to everyone's scores. If you have a higher score than your opponents and you lose, your score goes down a lot more than if you have a lower score than your opponents and you lose.

Match making tries to make teams with balanced total scores so it will be an interesting match.

Founder
    ah, thanks for the explanation

it's crazy how ppl dont google and go to a forum to ask somehting as super basic as this....

Odd cause im in top 10 solo ranked and i normally get grouped with at least 2 bronze players. One of which either disconnects or ends up dead 3 to 4 times. Most of the time when i do get paired with others around my level it normally ends up a reque somehow

Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by atlasbroken View Post
    it's crazy how ppl dont google and go to a forum to ask somehting as super basic as this....
    Figured it'd be nice to have a thread up here for anyone who didn't know

+ Reply to Thread