+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dr. Zerros, the Re-animator

Dr. Zerros, the Re-animator

Name: Dr. Zerros, the Re-animator

Trust: EvoS

Role: Support

Description:
    A bit of an odd ball support that encourages aggressive behaviors in his allies. He is a mid range support that focuses on debuffing and finding targets(test subjects) for his firepowered friends to subdue. His research into reanimation tech makes it so his heals only work for people that like to dive in face first into the fray.

Primary (1) (Blast): "Syringe Gun" Taunt: “Hope you aren't afraid of needles!”
    Mid range line attack
    Fires two (low) direct damage projectiles at the same target
    Gains (low) Energy per projectiles that hits

2 (Prep): "Sample Collector" Taunt: “Waste not, Want not!” “No Pain, No Gain!”
    Target 1 ally in line of sight (mid range)
    Free action
    Mid cool-down length
    lasts until start of next rounds Decision Phase
    Anytime an enemy takes damage around targeted ally they gain (low) hp per instance of damage
    Gain (low) Energy for each instance of healing

3 (Blast): "Venom Dose" Taunt: “Take your medicine!” "This will make me feel better at least."
    Mid range line attack
    Mid cool-down length
    Deals (low) direct damage when it hits a target
    Deals (low) indirect damage on the next Blast Phase
    Gain (mid) Energy if it hits a target

4 (Prep): "Scan for Vitals" Taunt: “It is alive! For now...”
    Mid area of effect centered on Dr. Zerros
    Ignores cover and line of sight
    All enemy targets are Revealed until the end of next rounds' Decision Phase
    Gains (low) Energy for each enemy Revealed this way

Ult (Prep): "Reanimation" Taunt: “Begin test on experiment number... a lot...”
    Target 1 ally in line of sight (mid range)
    If the target falls into the red they heal (large) amount of hp and deal (mid) direct damage to a small radius around them.

Primary Mods:
    "High Pressure"- 2 – Small range increase
    "Rapid fire"- 3 – now fires three projectiles, that deals slightly lower damage
    "Patient Prep"- 1 – If this move hits reduce the cool-down of “Sample Collector” by 1

2 Mods:
    "Lingering Effect"- 2 – Now lasts for 2 turns but heals for less per instance of damage
    "Energy Absorption"- 3 – Target also gain a small portion of Energy for each instance of healing
    "Rage Inducing"- 1 – Gives target Might

3 Mods:
    "Potent Poison"- 2 – The secondary indirect damage is increased
    "Enfeebling Venom"- 3 – Target is Weak and Slowed after taking damage from this move
    "Placebo Effect"- 1 – Gain more Energy on hit

4 Mods:
    "Quick Scan"- 2 – Allows for full movement
    "Fear Of Doctors"- 3 – Roots all targets Revealed this way
    "Wide Sweep"- 1 – Increase the size of the Revealed area

Ult Mods:
    "From The Brink"- 2 – Can be targeted through walls
    "Sharing Is Caring"- 1 – The aoe also heals all allies for (mid) Hp
    "Again And Again..."- 3 – heals for less but can be activated up to 2 times.

Note: all the 2 cost mods are considered to be his standard load-out

Lore:
    Dr. Zerros is a egomaniac who hates and fears death with every fiber of his being and would like nothing more than for the reactivation of the Immortality systems so that all(he) may escape its grasp. This lead him to pursue the path of a doctor in order to find a cheaper and more energy efficient way to keep people(himself) alive indefinitely. Sadly he was born quite sickly and has always been on the brink, knocking on death's door as it were. In order to better survive his illness he has had to undergo several cybernetic replacement surgery's and now very little of his original body remains (namely his head, torso, and right arm). This gives him quite a horrifying appearance not that he cares much. After one close call where he was declared dead for several minutes, he awoke from death with a revelation! He began work immediately on his ultimate concoction, The Green Reagent. With this new alchemical formula he believes that he can defeat death once and for all, now all he needs is test subjects. With his Chemical Syringe Gun at the ready, as it has replaced his left hand, he pleads to EvoS to be be made a freelancer and be granted an inexhaustible supply of “willing” participants.

Founder
    Great to see another member join the community, interesting idea and as a player that adores to pick the supporting role any game has to offer I try to push upon my opinion. I like the concept of Dr. Zerros, and his lore makes his character more realistic(ly appealing), the concept of a medic that has gone crazy and uses his medical equipment of needles and scalpels is very common but a cyborg-ish doctor that can barely call himself a human still has the unconditional will to help others remain healthy. I like that you have added taunts along each ability, something I wish I had done.

The only ability I have a hard time imagining in Dr. Zerros's kit is his "Scan for vitals", vision is a grand necessity but for a doctor that is impelled on healing and spreading a chemical (poison) on enemies this ability just seems to be some kind of extra that does not combo with other skills for a perfect strategy. Possibly if the potent/chemical in your weapon was carrying some kind of glowing substance that reacts and causes the affected enemy to be easily seen and granted vision of for the duration.

"He pleads to EvoS to be be made a freelancer and be granted an inexhaustible supply of “willing” participants." I admit I laughed, great concept and remember to stay active. We all like reading new fresh ideas.

Yeah i had some problems with that move myself but wanted to throw it out here to see what people think. I do really like the old 4's taunt though. How about this one instead:

4 (Prep): "Goo Spray" Taunt: “Why don't you stick around!” "Can't keep this doctor away!"
    Mid range cone
    Mid arc
    All enemy targets are Revealed until the end of next rounds' Decision Phase
    Targets hit are slowed
    Gains (low) Energy for each enemy hit

4 Mods:
    "Quick Spray"- 2 – Allows for full movement
    "Sticky Goo"- 3 – Roots all targets hit, instead of slowing.
    "Wide Sweep"- 1 – Increase the arc of the cone

Founder
    The new 4th ability, "Goo spray", I would say is better than the previous one but once again I don't think the vision is a necessity. Forcing too much capabilities/powers into one concept, possibly just make that a mod for the "Goo spray" I would say is reasonable. Glad my feedback was encouraging you to tweak your concept. Stay active.

The reason I wanted to keep it giving a Revealed status is because I wanted him to be a very aggressive support in a way that he helps the other players hunt down the targets, and not as much on the truly offensive side himself. What he lacks for damage he was suppose to gain in an ability to help track/slow juicy targets. I toyed with idea of having his having a similar effect as Titus's Dirty Fighting that could trigger more damage but in the end wanted him to deal less damage over all and focus more on the ability to cc and/or peel for allies. So in short if I had to get rid of anything from his 4 to make is more fair/less crowded I would lose out on his cc in favor of keeping his Reveal capabilities.

Founder
    Okay, I am getting your full idea and function of your concept now. Glad you cleared that up, I fully understand why and how Dr. Zerros can support his team. Keep up the concepts, hope to see more.

+ Reply to Thread