+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nanomaster, firepower DoT lancer concept.

Cool Nanomaster, firepower DoT lancer concept.

A bit of an intro:

I have always been a fan of the damage over time (DoT) based characters and i think that Atlas Reactor gameplay can benefit from such a character, so this is where this design comes in. Keep in mind that this is only a prototype and pretty much everything is a subject to change. The main purpouse of this topic is to try to make devs intrested in a DoT lancer and give them(maybe) some ideas about how it can be implemented into the game.

Since we already have Helio fiddling with the nanomachines, we can make Nanomaster(name placeholder) his apprentice. Lets say he has infiltrated Warbotics and has been working there as a Helio's undercover spy but now, with the Warbotics fall, he can return to where he does belong at.

I see his appearance as a cool cyperpunkish hacker with some holo-screens flying around him. He dont have a weapon, because his weapon are nanomachines, whom he commands from his screens. Just some internet-digged pics for reference:

Ok, enough with the intro, lets see his kit.

Nanomaster 120hp:

1 (Primary, Blast, No CD) dotEXE
    Circular pattern, very much like Orion's but relatively small with fixed approx 1-1,5 square size. Nanomaster makes nanomachines in a targetted area to spin really fast(think of a small circular saws) which lead to the bleeding type injuries on the enemy. Bleeding persists for 3 turns doing 10 damage per turn. But the damage from this ability can stuck up to 3 times, each time increasing by 5 and renew itself. So if we hit the same target with it 3 times in a row this will lead to 20 damage per turn for 3 turns.

3 cost mod - increase damage to 12 per turn
    2 cost mod - no longer gives energy initially, but provides 3 energy per each enemy damaged by ability.
    1 cost mod - increase the size of the blast by 20%

2 (Blast, 4 turn CD) Rage of the machines
    Nanomaster releases a nanomachine swarm(cone template) which tear enemy apart from inside for 3 turns with increasing damage. 10 first, 15 second, 20 third.

3 cost mod - transforms cone template into a sphere centered on Nanomaster, while halves the range
    2 cost mod - gives 1 point of energy per enemy each time when this ability "ticks"
    1 cost mod - buffs allies hit with unstoppable for the turn.

3 (Preparation, Free action, 5 turn CD) Smash Enter
    The next Nanomaster ability will do it's full damage immediately, rather than in a course of 3 turns. (not sure if this one should work with ultimate as well or not - needs testing)

3 cost mod - provides 20 shields on use
    2 cost mod - provides haste on use
    1 cost mod - provides 5 additional energy

4 (Dash, 6 turn CD) Nanorestructurisation
    Nanomachines pick apart Nanomaster body and reassemble it in a new spot up to 6 squares away. Between the old standing spot and the new one nanomachine trail remains(think of it as a wall of sorts)for the turn, enemy who pass through the trail recive 11 points of damage per turn for 3 turns.

3 cost mod - trail persist for 1 more turn
    2 cost mod - increase damage to 13 per turn.
    1 cost mod - teammates recive haste for the next turn if they pass through the trail

5 (Ultimate, Blast phase) Binary World
    This one might be the most controversal ability in a kit due to its random nature, but i just wanted to give this guy some YES/NO binary logic type of ability, while straying away from the typical templates that are already in a game.

The whole map becomes a chess-board diveded into the black and white(damage and safe) cells. Cell size = 1 square hex. Basically it is an exact copy of the chess-board template, and you can not target it. Positioning of the board is assigned randomly. Its a high-risk, high-reward type of ability. Enemy on the white cells are safe, but those who end up on a black cell recive 60 point of damage (per 3 turns. 30 immideatly, than 20 next turn, 10 last turn) and a slow(for this 1 turn only).

3 cost mod - turns slow into a root.
    2 cost mod - adds a reveal for the DoT duration
    1 cost mod - refunds 7 energy for each enemy missed (up to 28 if you miss them all)

Also i need to mention that all the dots are separate. Rage of the machine do not replace dotEXE and so on. They all are a separate sources of damage. Also when use Smash Enter with dotEXE it will obviously end the dot effect on a target, not renew it.

Well what do you think of this concept guys? I hope that at least it can give some ideas to the dev team, since we really need more unique lancers in the game. And DoTs. MORE DOTS!

Founder
    Wow, this is unique...I was never much a fan of the damage-over-time (Dot) based characters from games like Singed, of League of Legends, or Melka, from Battleborn, and so on. But this idea is very interesting and would surely push Atlas Reactor in the right direction of having new characters with abilities never done in previous games. His ultimate, in my opinion, does not seem broken as long as everyone can see the chessboard layout. The initial damage would be a shock but then the enemy players must just be more cautious of where they leave their freelancer standing but also grant the possibility of team combos with freelancers that can use the advantage of their stuns and knockbacks. Plus since considering that 'Nanomaster' is a Dot based freelancer the heavy damage from his ultimate should be expected and cannot be criticised.

Thanks, Shark. But i have to mention that so far it looks like you are the only one who is reading this subforum at all. I have checked the other topics as well and some of them had quite decent ideas, but on whole subforum - not a single dev reply. Not a single sentence like "this idea is crap", "oh look maybe i can use this skill in my next freelancer", "we cant make such hero because our engine does not support this and that" etc, etc. I personally think that this whole subforum is a Muzzy's conspiracy to make us think that the freelancer designer team is actually exists and even visits this subform to read on ppls ideas, while in reality he has them chained and locked up in a nameless basement, without any internet connection they are forced to code there for a survival and a single bowl of rice per day. That's what is actually going on, i am sure of that.

Founder
    Yo Nekomimimode, why haven't I met you before? You are hilarious as hell. And yeah, barely any feedback from developers and other people alone, I wrote some concepts but never got a response and that killed my creative flow, just doing my bit and hoping others won't feel the same way I am. I just hope that the character designers actually look at the community ideas from the shadows and say they found some inspiration from their own community rather than staying quiet. Because I know, and I can say without a doubt, the new (recent) freelancers that have come out are using the skills or at least adaptations of skills "made by their fans".

Shoot man. At one point I was going to make an apprentice of Helio NAMED NANO. Reading all these forums posts is making me realize my ideas aren't original at all haha

+ Reply to Thread