+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Team Pr!sm's Tier List

2.   This is the last Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #2
    Community Manager
    I'm still waiting on that "Counter List" - a much more appropriate type of lancer list in the Atlas Reactor environment.

Interesting. I had started making a tier list myself, and though I agree with most of your choices, I was surprised by some. I was diamond in solo S1 but I don't play team competitive, so I can understand that some freelancers like Finn or Su-Ren are higher than I'd expect, as they require a lot of team coordination for their heals.
    As a side note, this tier list does not cast a positive light on the S2 balance patch, as most of the S and C freelancers are the same as in S1 (LW, Zuki, Celeste, Asana, Juno) while some have been bumped up or down too much (Quark (lol...), Rask, Helio?). Still something of a success for Grey, Orion and Kaigin, I guess.

Here are the positions I was surprised by:

Su-Ren: Sure, she can heal 2 or 3 allies in the same turn if they have proper positioning. But doesn't this positioning expose them to area damage and / or put them in dangerous positions? And isn't her dash position going to be super predictable? I always thought of Su-Ren as strong but too predictable to really be in such a high tier. I also find the low range on her main attack to be a major issue.

Rask: Same for Rask actually, with his dash / ult combo. Or do you mean using the Controllable Rage ult mod? I also find him a little too easy to kite (e.g. get out of reach from him), as both his dash and his knockback have limited range. He's certainly the most resilient freelancer in the game, though.

Rampart & Titus: Surprised that you put them in the same tier. Rampart's shield is fairly predictable and can be ignored by a lot of attacks. His lack of dash and long-range abilities also makes him quite easy to kite. As for Titus, his lack of defenses is kind of compensated by his huge health pool, and his dash can still allow him to avoid some attacks and only has a 2 turns cooldown (if he hits someone, ofc). His dagger pierce was nerfed but it's still powerful because it occurs in prep phase and therefore works more often than Asana or Rampart's pierces (as enemy cannot dash to avoid it).

Nix: Wow, tier C. I'm not too good with Nix but I thought he could be very effective if you knew how to use his stealth and superior range to stay away from the fray.

Helio: This one I really don't understand. The S2 changes weren't even nerfs overall, as he received a lot of compensation after having his wall changed from scramble to weak. His shield is incredibly powerful for a free-action with 2 charges and a lowish cooldown. Sure, he cannot heal, but preventing 40 damage is better than healing 30, isn't it? It seems to me that your main issue with him is his lack of AOE support. I understand that Finn and Su-Ren are better if your team positions well, but still, tier C just seems too low, at least for solo queue.

A few other comments:
    Quark: A developer once posted that Quark had only a 51% winrate in high ELO, after the buffs, and before the nerfs. I have no other choice than to question these numbers. It just doesn't seem possible. He can heal a total of 28 per turn while being safe behind a wall or out of range. His ultimate cannot be countered and doesn't even require much coordination. All he needed in S1 was to MOVE some of his self-heal from his mods to baseline. (Yeah, I'm a little pissed about Quark being a permanent ban now. It was so obvious.)

Celeste: Needs to have both her difficulty and potential reduced. Proximo Trap is too effective when used by someone who's good at predicting movements, and too random when not. Smoke Bomb is also far too good when her teammates are smart enough to make use of the vision reduction as well. And her dash is pretty powerful for having only a 5 turns cooldown.

Elle: I agree with the tier placement, but I'm curious about her counters. I played her a lot, and her only obvious counter to me is Zuki, and maybe Lockwood.

Gremolitions: I especially agree with him requiring vision. Being able to hit through walls is useless if he doesn't know where to aim. For that reason, isn't he good when paired with Grey? Plus he can combo his Big Bang into her ult.

Brynn: Yeah, her Aegis sucks. Due to their positioning, Frontliners tend to be attackable from multiple directions, so it rarely protects her from more than 1 attack. Plus the number of abilities that ignore cover. Also, her offense is fine and her bouncing shield is actually better then Asana's root, but why does her dash have a 5 turns cooldown instead of 4 like all other frontliners? It's a fairly good dash, but still, it restricts her mobility and defenses.

About counterpicks: Is this game really based a lot on counterpicks? I don't think so. Most freelancers are versatile enough that they don't have real counters. Sure, you can counter Nix with reveals, Oz with slows and knockbacks, and use strategies like Zuki's Big One or Celeste's trap during Juno's ult... but overall, I don't think counterpicks matter that much. Also note that freelancers who do have counters, tend to end up in lower tiers...

Helio. My Opinion, With Might on his shield - best friean for ANY Tank and Firepower Freelancer. Btw, Helio can deal a lot of damage. Tier A

Kaigin. He a really strong. Master Kaigin? Pfff. Every Second Kaigin Deal ~500 damage.
    My IGN: NinkPT#8272
    C:

Damage is not what we want from a support in a team.

Su-Ren's healing is a 3 square width ability, if I dash correctly those 2 allies are 6 squares apart, AoE cant hit all 3 of us. She is far from predictable if played correctly and her range is not an issue since you are not expected to bring damage to the fight really. I would not use Controlled ult, so many people use his ultimate as a means of damage, it isn not about that, it is about the cooldown resets, and his 'stick-to' potential is the best of the tanks if you mod for it. Nix is too risky to play in any level of play. Titus and Rampart are not good choices in our opinion, however we would pick them over Brynn, that was the reasoning there. 30 shield is not better because it is predicting damage taken, an ally cannot come over to Helio and be regenerated, he has to to actively protect at all points. He is too slow to stay ahead for a support. Picking Elle before you know both enemy Firepowers is a huge risk because a bunch of them have abilities that Elle will not be able to dash away from.

Founder
    I've been doing a lot of experimenting with both nix and gremolitions recently, and I noticed that they both have the ability to deal lots of damage with extremely low intake. I won a match as gremo yesterday, having dealt around 400 damage and only taking 55 damage total. the same happens with nix. they just need to be supported by a team that draws attention away from them, by either being very aggressive or very annoying. elle and rask can really be the thing a nix or gremo needs to play a great game

This is true, although keep in mind we are talking mostly higher elo solo queue and competitive. You won't have that much freedon generally at that point.

I played Grem twice in the Reactor Shuffle. My team won.

Yes I know you did.

+ Reply to Thread