+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Only 1 free Mad Love loot matrix?

Exclamation Only 1 free Mad Love loot matrix?

So far nobody has been able to answer or tell me whether or not you get just the one mad love box. I'm really hoping to find out but I'm dreading that you have to buy them aside from a single box. So not only did you limit the possibility to get legends massively, and also apparently remove the chance to get mad love things from regular loot matrix (I may be wrong) AND also limit it to one in every 10 wins with a friend, but now it might be that you only get a single free box. Now for F2P members, sure. Limiting what they can get is a way to get money. But as someone who's spent money on the game back early in S1, you're trying to tell me that to access an event, I have to pay even more? I can't believe that you would take peoples money, and then hide content behind more money walls. That is what mobile games do. So I'm BEGGING for an answer, because if the above is actually true, then I'm kind of disgusted I paid for the game and now being rewarded with content demanding my money again.

2.   Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #2
    Community Manager
    Hi TheNightfather! Here are the specifics.

You can only earn 1 mad love loot matrix during this event.
    Otherwise buy the loot matrix or get the skins with iso when they are available for iso.
    The skins will not be added to the normal loot matrices.
    The skins will be back next valentine's day.
    You're also getting an overcon just for logging in!

These are events, not the core of the game, so they are separate from the "All Freelancers" provided by the packs. Also, being able to buy them via ISO should alleviate the issues you are concerned with. They'll be available for ISO towards the end of the event.
    Muzzy

To add to this I believe what TheNightfather, and many players, are upset about is that with the event around Halloween and Christmas the players were awarded an event specific loot matrix for completing specific challenges. This event (Mad Love) started and players were awarded a loot matrix for completing a challenge, but then the challenge rewards were no longer related to the event. After having experienced two events with unique look matrix and then having the way to unlock event specific loot change is disheartening. In Muzzy's reply pointing out you will be able to purchase these with ISO is not a solution as you could also do this in previous events. In addition, Muzzy points out these are events and not the core of the game, so that is something to take into consideration while you attempt to partake in an event that has one challenge. Overall looking at how this event is releasing content it comes across to players as a way for Trion Worlds to earn more revenue. Reasons behind the change might be logical and reasonable, but without communication of the change some players may have negative emotions.

Edit: read a post by Muzzy on a different thread with more detail and how Trion is listening to feedback to adjust things going forward.

4.   Click here to go to the previous Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread. This is the last Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #4
    Community Manager
    A really big part of my point is that we are offering players the opportunity to unlock all of the content via ISO - an earned currency - so that players that don't want to pay, don't have to. If you pay, you pay for convenience. It costs money to make a game, so in a f2p title, there will be opportunities for players to support the game in that fashion, but we realize that not all players are willing to, or can do so. Which is why we made sure to allow players to unlock the items without spending a dime.

We are absolutely listening to player feedback. We are also always trying new ways to release content so as to keep it fresh and learn which works best for the community and the developers. Not every effort will be the solution for you, but having patience, understanding, and appreciation for the product we provide, and the ways that we allow you to interact with it all, is a goal we know that players can achieve.

I finished the lootbox challenge by winning a game with someone from my ignore list. I am content.
    The one thing that could cause cowboys and Indians to join forces is their mutual enemy: dinosaurs.

How do you earn ISO?

will we be able to unlock the legendary banner and emblemes too?

because they got no iso prices in the collection

Really a shame that you can't get more free ones. :/ It sucks to unbox something boring like an icon and then be forced to drop a bunch of cash to try to get the real prizes; the skins.

At least with the Winter Loot Matrixes you got 3 items (one guarenteed Winter), and could get more than one per event. Not only that but you had an (admittedly rare) chance at winter items in regular crates. Here you only get one item from 1 free matrix.
    I hope Trion reconsiders the availability of the limited skins in the future. They're super fun and really well-made, and it truly sucks not to be able to get them.

+ Reply to Thread