+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A freelancer idea (just abilities tho, game up with this while thinking of it)

A freelancer idea (just abilities tho, game up with this while thinking of it)

I have a Free Lancer idea for a character, I have no design but I figured it would be a cool character for this game I have basic design of abilities and such and what his weapon would be
    His weapon would be a minigun. He always fires in a cone of 3 bullets which spread out in a cone, the outer bullets doing 15 damage and the inner bullet doing 30
    His first ability will be prep phase where he loads his gun with explosive bullets dealing Aoe damage and knocking back enemies in the blast phase
    His second ability will be a prep phase where heloads his gun with tracking bullets and fires in the blast phase and this bullets deal no damage they instead lay down trackers in any targets they hit, revealing and slowing them for 2 turns
    His third ability would be a blast phase where he fires 6 bullets each doing 60 damage in a medium cone and slowing down enemies
    And finally his ultimate would be a combination of all 3 abilities at once only stronger, they have explosives knockback reveal and he fires 12 bullets in a cone (like the normal 3 but with more output) dealing 20 damage each and then 10 ape damage from the explosives
    I figured it would be awesome to have a tank with a mini gun doing damage!

Incase I wasn't clear his normal damage ability with no cooldown is a 3cone 15 30 15

Founder
    Its a great idea, would love to see the addition of a tank with a minigun and bulky muscles, as seen from other games; Team Fortress (1,2), Dirty Bomb and Battleborn. It is not entirely copying but the gaming formula many developers choose to adapt to and us fans accept that. But allow me to lay down some wisdom or guidance to craft your exact freelancer concept. I encourage you to give your character some depth as in a lore, description of appearance and weapon design. I mean at this point he (or she) doesn't even have a name in which we can reference to.

The first ability, as told by a vanilla layout for designing all freelancer concepts must be a 'Blast phase' ability with no cooldown and no applied crowd control. I like what you said about how he attacks with their minigun, "He always fires in a cone of 3 bullets which spread out in a cone, the outer bullets doing 15 damage and the inner bullet doing 30" this would fit perfectly.

The second ability, tracking bullets can be done as a free 'Prep phase' ability.

The third ability, the explosive ammunition shells would require a turn to load into the gun but the next offensive ability would apply the buff. Still a 'Prep phase' ability.

The fourth ability 'System cooling' pour a liquid into the minigun reducing the maximum heat of the gun, prolonging the inevitable of a minigun overheating. Just a suggestion.

The ultimate ability, "his ultimate would be a combination of all 3 abilities at once only stronger, they have explosives knockback reveal and he fires 12 bullets in a cone (like the normal 3 but with more output) dealing 20 damage each and then 10 ape damage from the explosives".

And if possible you could name all the abilities, just give that extra credit for your creation so it can go an extra mile. Might I propose a unique idea that you can deal heavy amounts of damage but your minigun would generate heat (and maybe steam) which if reaches the cap of 100 it would overheat and become unable to shoot for one or two turns but the more heat collected would increase the damage of your first ability and/or ultimate ability. I am not trying to mold your concept into something I want (I do not hope to do that), I am just hoping to see a complete creation by you 'Slimmer'. Remember to stay active and I will be hoping to see the finished product.

And just to share, even I took a pitch at this idea; http://forums.atlasreactorgame.com/s...Metal-Behemoth

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by SharkShield View Post
    Its a great idea, would love to see the addition of a tank with a minigun and bulky muscles, as seen from other games; Team Fortress (1,2), Dirty Bomb and Battleborn. It is not entirely copying but the gaming formula many developers choose to adapt to and us fans accept that. But allow me to lay down some wisdom or guidance to craft your exact freelancer concept. I encourage you to give your character some depth as in a lore, description of appearance and weapon design. I mean at this point he (or she) doesn't even have a name in which we can reference to.

The first ability, as told by a vanilla layout for designing all freelancer concepts must be a 'Blast phase' ability with no cooldown and no applied crowd control. I like what you said about how he attacks with their minigun, "He always fires in a cone of 3 bullets which spread out in a cone, the outer bullets doing 15 damage and the inner bullet doing 30" this would fit perfectly.

The second ability, tracking bullets can be done as a free 'Prep phase' ability.

The third ability, the explosive ammunition shells would require a turn to load into the gun but the next offensive ability would apply the buff. Still a 'Prep phase' ability.

The fourth ability 'System cooling' pour a liquid into the minigun reducing the maximum heat of the gun, prolonging the inevitable of a minigun overheating. Just a suggestion.

The ultimate ability, "his ultimate would be a combination of all 3 abilities at once only stronger, they have explosives knockback reveal and he fires 12 bullets in a cone (like the normal 3 but with more output) dealing 20 damage each and then 10 ape damage from the explosives".

And if possible you could name all the abilities, just give that extra credit for your creation so it can go an extra mile. Might I propose a unique idea that you can deal heavy amounts of damage but your minigun would generate heat (and maybe steam) which if reaches the cap of 100 it would overheat and become unable to shoot for one or two turns but the more heat collected would increase the damage of your first ability and/or ultimate ability. I am not trying to mold your concept into something I want (I do not hope to do that), I am just hoping to see a complete creation by you 'Slimmer'. Remember to stay active and I will be hoping to see the finished product.

And just to share, even I took a pitch at this idea; http://forums.atlasreactorgame.com/s...Metal-Behemoth
    I came up with this in 5 minutes. I will finish this soon and it will be awesome, I'm not new to designing characters for games but I was super tired when doing this. Your ideas are also interesting. I need to wake up and redo the design in detail xD

Founder
    I am sorry if it is overwhelming I just haven't gotten much attention for my concepts so I shifted my use to help edit and improve other's concepts without eliminating their originality. Hoping to see your finished product, I am sure it will be unique.

+ Reply to Thread