+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Quark's self-healing is out of control.

Quark's self-healing is out of control.

And that's coming from a level 26 Quark who played him a lot in diamond ranked.
    Yes, he did need some passive (non-mod) self-healing. But now he can heal for SIXTEEN health per turn as long as he has two bonds attached at some point during the turn. Combined with his dash, his ult, and the fact smart players will position themselves to keep bonds while being out of sight of enemies, he can dish out huge amounts of healing while being extremely difficult to kill.

Please tone him down before next ranked season begins. He's my best support and I don't want to see him perma-banned in ranked. I'd suggest keeping the base self-heal but reducing the amounts granted by the mods, from 5 to 3 maybe.

this is a reasonable request. just switching some of the self healing to a passive independent of mods would've been enough, there was no need to make it an additional value.
    The one thing that could cause cowboys and Indians to join forces is their mutual enemy: dinosaurs.

I completely agree with this assessment. As an experiment my team chose to focus Quark's whenever we saw them in PVP matches last week. We are a 4-stack with plenty of competitive experience for context. We were rarely successful in killing a Quark until turn 16+ on average and regularly saw Quark's with 1000+ contribution with very little overheal. His numbers are just too high at the moment.

If the passive (no mod required) healing is desired to free up mod design space then I recommend removing the self-heal mods on tether and buffing the passive to +5 per tether. If design space is not the issue then the self-heal mods should be increased in cost, or the numbers should be reduced. Quark is a great Lancer design, but right now his numbers are simply too high.

I aggree ! I thought quark was already really super strong with his regen mods but at least it cost him something. Now he can self heal and have full movement which makes him of control. Perma-ban incoming in ranked. So let's say he has two bonds up and using 3. He has a contribution per turn of 32 dmg + 16 self heal + 12 health = 60 + fiull movement.

Because of full movement there's only three ways to cancel his tether -> A dash (if quark doesn't dash himself), a CC or a full movement with haste buff. Aslo, you should also not forget that quark can damage and heal through walls while giving at the same time detection on a target even if it dash out of sight. All this things combined look to me overwhelming for a single freelancer.

So here's the thing. Quark look to me at first as single healing support who would have has weakness his aoe heals but because he is overwhelming because of all the things cited above, you can't really afford to do spread damage. Instead, you have to focus him down. Now... It is really hard to focus down a support that has 16 health per turn while having full movement and a dash + a shield on ultimate. Ho wait, I almost forgot... + turtle tech + flash + health regen catalyst.

I love quark but I've to admit he's gone out of control.

5.   This is the last Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #5
    For what it's worth, his winrate since the changes is ~51% in high-ELO play. That said, we are looking at a slight (slight!) downwards tweak in his output before Ranked begins again for Season 2.

Hawk thanks for chiming in. For a bit of additional perspective - remember Alpha Rask? You just ignored him right? Well now you have two targets that you have to de-prioritize because they are inefficient to attack (Quark and his tether). This is a pretty negative play experience in my opinion, and I am glad you are considering some tweaks

Good to know, thanks. I'm a bit surprised that his winrate is only 51%, especially in high-ELO. He does take some experience to handle well, but he's not especially hard to play.

Aha,, i think this heal is strong yes. But if you cahse him, he is dead within 2 rounds (except you get a f*ck team which gives no help and let you die full game).
    When i am able to play quark in ranked (he has a fking banrate of 99,9999%) i get no support and enemies are full chasing.. So i guess you must have skill (teammates and positioning) to stay alive. So for my point of view there are too many variables (and bad players).

+1 to this.
    I don't even run a full self-sustain build in my "Self-Sustain Q" mod build (Quark has 3 self-heal mods; 5 health from Gama Ray, 3 health from Atomic Bond, and 2 health per tether. Add in the 3 HP per tether and this indeed adds up to 16 per turn. I run +5 HP Gama Ray and +3 HP Atomic, and this is still 14 health per turn) and I still find myself surviving basically forever. I realize that I'm a pub player with Quark as my second most played but it's still insane how many dumb situations I've gotten out of with that build.

WRONG!

+ Reply to Thread