+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rask buffed, Helio nerfed

Rask buffed, Helio nerfed

So during the last stream it was mentioned that Rask would get buffed... He's always been considered to be top tier being able to match even Asana so i'm clueless why they would make him even stronger. Out of all the frontliners i was expecting Rampart to get reworked but i guess the data Trion has shows that Rask isn't effecient enough at this point.

I can understand Helio getting nerfed to some degree since so many players have been begging for the BH/wall to be tuned down.
    However i think Helio is only truly problematic when played in PVP since you can't tell what comp your opponents selected until you're locked in.
    Even still you can mitigate the effectiveness of the wombo with good positioning and zoning.

In ranked you can easily get Aurora/Fish against Helio and use unstoppable mods which will punish whoever has the audacity to use their dash only to end up in the center of the team, often out of cover, leaving them extremely vulnerable to get picked off.

So no, i don't think we'll be seeing Helio at all during ranked games in the future.
    Prepare to be impressed

By whom?

I know I for one have long argued that while Rask was at one point the "second best" frontliner, that was before Phaedra and now Brynn (though I haven't analyzed them as deeply, they could be higher but they may also not be.) Furthermore, he was a pretty distant second place IMO.

I think the buffs are pretty insubstantial overall. The energy gain passive will net 10 additional energy per 200 damage taken, so probably in the range of 25 energy per game or so.

I don't think he needed a buff, but I don't think this pushes him out of the range that is "balance" either to be honest. Just my take.

The helio thing - honestly, in the scenario you described, Helio is BETTER now than before, no? If unstoppable stops the combo...it still stops the combo, and you also get +2 EHP per shield. The counterplay isn't improved just because the combo is less punishing.

I didn't know what they were changing to Rask when i made this post but i think his CC and sustainability speaks for itself when it comes to his effectiveness but it's all a matter of preference i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FogRaider View Post
    The helio thing - honestly, in the scenario you described, Helio is BETTER now than before, no? If unstoppable stops the combo...it still stops the combo, and you also get +2 EHP per shield. The counterplay isn't improved just because the combo is less punishing.
    They removed the scramble on his wall and you think Helio's better? I have to disagree and i also don't see what this has to do with counterplay being improved.
    It seems he also had the lowest win rate of all the lancers but seeing as it was based off of a 1 month timeframe it probably isn't all that accurate either.

Another thing that strikes me is the changes made to Quarcks tethers. He now gets more health from them without having any mods on radiate.
    But again i haven't checked out everything so i've probably overlooked a few things.
    Prepare to be impressed

Quote Originally Posted by gaius View Post
    They removed the scramble on his wall and you think Helio's better? I have to disagree and i also don't see what this has to do with counterplay being improved.
    It seems he also had the lowest win rate of all the lancers but seeing as it was based off of a 1 month timeframe it probably isn't all that accurate either.
    No. You described a specific situation wherein Unstoppable mods countered Helio, and claimed that made Helio much weaker. In that situation (IE, they aren't being pulled through the wall, thus the wall being effectively moot,) Helio is stronger than before.

The counterplay (unstoppable mods) did not changed or improved, so there is no reason to believe that he will be "hard-countered" in a higher percentage of matches than he was previously.

Is the loss of scramble a nerf? Yes, of course. But he was pretty heavily compensated IMO, so I think this patch was less about nerfing him as a whole and more about moving his power to different abilities internally. Probably still an overall nerf, but I hardly think he'll drop off the face of Atlas any time soon.

If you ask me, the main reason i would use the unstoppable is to counter the scramble, not the wall/blackhole itself. If you end up getting pulled and are in a bad spot at least you can still use your dash instead of having to catalyst so i don't think at this point it's worth using a different loadout just to counter the wombo.
    Prepare to be impressed

+ Reply to Thread