+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: January Producer's Letter

1.   This is the last Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #1
    Community Manager

January Producer's Letter

Hello lancers,
    It’s a new year and we’ve got a ton of news! Peter “Pju” Ju, the Executive Producer, wanted to share this news with you, our amazing community. Read on, and prepare to be impressed!
    __________________________________________________ ______

Atlas Reactor Season 2 is coming January 17, and a ton of major improvements and enhancements are coming with it! The most exciting change for many is that you will now be able to earn Freelancers by playing the game and will also be able to purchase freelancers individually. Premium character packs will continue to give purchasers all current and future freelancers forever.
    For those who have purchased the game previously, or purchase it before January 17th, we’ll be delivering a special thank-you package in the coming weeks.

From the beginning, the Atlas Reactor team has listened to and responded to your feedback, and earning freelancers through gameplay has been your number one request post-launch. By making the game fully free to play we give more players the opportunity to experience everything Atlas Reactor has to offer. Now, players will be able to play the game for free, earn some freelancers along the way, and at any time they can upgrade to a premium pack to get all current and future freelancers.

In addition to the ability to earn Freelancers through playing the game, Season Two introduces a new Freelancer, the beginning of our Season 2 storyline, new rewards to earn, a big set of Freelancer balance changes, rotating game modes and a new season of ranked – which free players will now be able to participate in as well! We’ve even revamped the introductory tutorial to get new players up to speed more quickly.

We will be explaining the details of the Season 2 features and the free to play specifics in future blog posts so stay tuned.

The Atlas Reactor team has had a ton of fun working on and playing the game during Season 1. We have learned a lot about what works and doesn’t work in the context of the gameplay of Atlas Reactor. With every new freelancer, map and game mode we released we added more depth and variety to the game, and we are definitely excited to continue growing and improving the game in Season 2!

– Peter Ju
    Executive Producer
    Atlas Reactor

Thumbs up

Not impressed that you've caved in to the freeloaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Groovejet View Post
    Not impressed that you've caved in to the freeloaders.
    are they taking anything away from you?
    The one thing that could cause cowboys and Indians to join forces is their mutual enemy: dinosaurs.

The way I see it, people will be more inclined to stick around long enough to decide the game is worth a full purchase if they can go straight to a few freelancers they enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by inflatable fish View Post
    are they taking anything away from you?
    The value of the founders scam

please explain how, since you've decided to use such big words.
    The one thing that could cause cowboys and Indians to join forces is their mutual enemy: dinosaurs.

That value was already squandered when those of us that bought the original founder's packs had the game system pulled out from under us for no apparent reason.

I paid for the most expensive pack available as soon as it was available because I love this game. Then for whatever reason they shot themselves in the foot and changed payment models. The logic of "Everyone liked our product! That means we should change it!" made no sense whatsoever. Then, just as everyone predicted, the game's population dwindled and you had 2-5 minute queue times. I am VERY excited the game has gone back to what it was originally, as now the game can actually grow with a large healthy player base, so that those of us who paid can actually get value out of what we paid for. I will gladly surrender some of my "exclusivity" if it means I get to actually play the damn game now without waiting.

If you wanna talk about losing value, talk to me about how I bought the founders pack before the game came out so I'd have exclusive skins, and you can still buy those skins today :/ Literally no exclusives for supporting before release.

Doesn't bother me much as a low-tier purchaser (Atlas edition was it called? Don't remember.)

Bigger playerbase = more better. Plus I got a lot of swag and many months of basically-exclusive access for the cash I paid.

At risk of triggering folks...This reminds me of the story in Matthew 20. =p

+ Reply to Thread