+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   Thread: Team Ranked Tuesday in 2017

Team Ranked Tuesday in 2017

http://imgur.com/e4JsMZR

Q times are absolutely out of control for TRT. I want to play this mode, and it's the only way currently to use the draft feature with a full group of friends. This makes it essential for getting experience as a real team of four. However, this is too brutal. This is not a one time thing, this is a serious problem that needs to be resolved ASAP or the game mode will die. My team and I don't have the time or patience to wait 40+ minutes to find a 15 minute match. It's just not reasonable. We need solutions to this before next week! Bad enough that this has happened at least two TRTs so far.

2.   Click here to go to the next Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #2
    Community Manager
    We completely understand. There are a couple of things affecting this issue at this time.
    1) Players are not used to the event yet. It may not be well known, or planned for by most players.
    2) The majority of players may not actually want to participate in Team Ranked queues.
    3) TRT was released during the Holiday season, so it may pick up once players get back into the swing of things.

We have written a blog, posted to socials, broadcast in-game messages, used Message of the Day, discussed it in global chat, talked with players in Discord and forums, and on livestreams. I convinced Pete to allow us to split the queues by enabling Team Ranked, regardless of his warning that there may not be a huge movement of participation. Not many of the players that are interested in Team v Team matches are participating in TRT, which would definitely help. My point is that we've built it, and few came. The need may not be there yet for this. Everyone can do their part to get players to flock to TRT. I'll continue all of the social platform shouting, because I really want it to be a thing. If there are any ideas that you have, please let us know!

My experience in ~4 hours of Qing for TRT is that there were a total of four teams playing the mode, and not all concurrently. I set up a group of my own, drawing from the Atlas players in my gaming clan, and matched up agaisnt Leto's team. After that game I think Leto stopped playing, and I spent a half hour in Q with my team before Hacksaw's team joined. After that game, enough of my clan logged on that we could contribute a second group of 4, which we did. My second group got matched with Hacksaw's team while my 4 person group waited in Q for ~half an hour again. After that, My two teams got matched against one another. We stopped after that, and I don't know if anyone else is Qing.

I mean I'll try to contribute a third group in the future, but I'm running out of ideas.

As someone who was only interested in team vs. team matches, I haven't participated in TRT for two reasons. One day a week is not worth it for me. I get into games. I play them a lot or not at all. I have zero interest in playing with random people or with nothing to achieve, so I would have zero interest in the other 6 days of the week. But, of course, the primary reason is that there aren't enough people playing the game, and the vast majority of the people who are were never encouraged to group. Maybe the audience isn't there for this kind of game, or maybe the launch was a terrible failure at attracting (or keeping) people, but the players weren't there and I can't imagine they ever will be now.

I do think the players that the game does have could and should be encouraged to group more. An in-game group finder or something of the sort couldn't hurt. People actively looking to group would probably be much more apt to use the discord integration, as well. Of course, the existence of solo and duo ranked queue only discourages people from grouping up as 4.

5.   Click here to go to the previous Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread. This is the last Atlas Reactor Team post in this thread.   #5
    Community Manager
    Solid experience feedback Ender. We appreciate you putting forward so much effort! Thank you to you and your teams.

Avaki, I completely get where you're coming from. I can't add much more to it.

Players asked for Team Ranked, so we thought about it and came up with a single day solution because it would funnel the players interested into one day, instead of spread out over a week. We knew that it may not work well, but we wanted to try for those that asked. This was the most logical solution we could offer. If we can round up some players for next TRT we can get through to the 17th, which should help TRT population. Thank you both for your suggestions, and feedback. This is a productive conversation I'd like to continue, if you've got any more ideas!

My best and only real suggestion is to have a platform that everyone uses, Maybe Discord General Chat? Maybe Twitter? Send out specific messages tracking the traffic on the Qs? I get the feeling that there are times during the day when it's simply not useful to Q, because you won't find a match. Even knowing for certain that there is a 4v4 game going on, and that you will be matched against one of them if the game ends and they ReQ is a morale booster. Hitting 2k seconds in Q and not knowing whether you're actually pissing your time away is lousy. Hitting 2k in Q knowing that there's a game at the other end of it, because the Devs are tracking people actively using the mode, is at least an improvement.

This could possibly concentrate the 4v4 playerbase even further?

There are basically two ways to improve the issue. Concentrate the players into a high traffic time, or get more players. I don't have the time or management or friends list to set up more than three teams of 4 at once (if that) so the best thing for me to do would be have us Q up at the optimal time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    My best and only real suggestion is to have a platform that everyone uses, Maybe Discord General Chat? Maybe Twitter? Send out specific messages tracking the traffic on the Qs? I get the feeling that there are times during the day when it's simply not useful to Q, because you won't find a match. Even knowing for certain that there is a 4v4 game going on, and that you will be matched against one of them if the game ends and they ReQ is a morale booster. Hitting 2k seconds in Q and not knowing whether you're actually pissing your time away is lousy. Hitting 2k in Q knowing that there's a game at the other end of it, because the Devs are tracking people actively using the mode, is at least an improvement.

This could possibly concentrate the 4v4 playerbase even further?

There are basically two ways to improve the issue. Concentrate the players into a high traffic time, or get more players. I don't have the time or management or friends list to set up more than three teams of 4 at once (if that) so the best thing for me to do would be have us Q up at the optimal time.
    Sign your team up and add Team Ranked as your activity, then hopefully encourage other teams to do so, maybe we will be able to find when players have the same time or when it is possible to queue.

If we can get a bunch of teams to use this platform, I'm in. Again, the platform doesn't matter, the fact taht EVERYONE or as many as possible, are using it is what's important. I'll make a note of it for next weeks TRT

I completely agree with Enders analysis of the TRT. However I think you could do more to attract players in TRT. I mean I haven't seen any in-game advertising about TRT. You could motivate players with a chapter mission, rewards, skins, boosts.

If not give us at least a draft mode so we can train as a team and against balanced teams.

It seems they're working on a very tight schedule, trust wars ending without notice. (most of us thought it would be up until the end of the season)
    Team ranked popping up out of nowhere when players have been begging for a team ranked queue for months.
    Extraction mode implemented? *Poof* Aaaaand it's gone.
    Now season levels are going to be reset, and just overall communication on where the game is headed seems to be the main issue here.

I'm sure you can get all that information from watching the streams but ain't nobody got time for that...
    Some of it can be found on discord/forums/reddit/twitter/twitch but it all seems very chaotic to me.

I think they're not really sure where the game is going at this point and are taking it one step at a time.
    We're getting frequent content updates and it seems they're working really hard on improving the game and listening to the community so i'm not too worried at this point.
    The overall queue times do seem to be getting longer though which i wasn't expecting at all during the holidays.

How about giving free players the option to join TRT? Or even giving them full access to ranked? Most of us were skeptical about dividing the playerbase to begin with anyway.
    Prepare to be impressed

+ Reply to Thread