+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Phaedra is really neat. Good work.

Red face Phaedra is really neat. Good work.

So, I really love the new character already. Let me count the ways!

1) You gave her eyes. The "no-eyed xeno" is a bit overdone by now. The viperesque look of her current face is quite cool.
    2) The mechanic of her heal is something I quite like. It's not new, per se - I remember at least a few other abilities in Smite and DotA with similar end results - but I quite like it.
    3) Dat autoattack. The combination of range and ability to flush targets is incredible. Guess this goes for her dash too.
    4) Heck yeah monsters! Heck yeah swarm-queen trope!

I'm enjoying it, thought you might like some praise.

Using Putrid Spray instead Seismic Slam costed me so many games that it feels like an useless ability :/

Quote Originally Posted by Karakazan View Post
    Using Putrid Spray instead Seismic Slam costed me so many games that it feels like an useless ability :/
    Putrid spray is shorter but much more wider so it depends on the situation. Also keep in mind that it is a PREP phase skill which means it can hit an ennemy dashing. I had a lucky postioning very early on once and was in the MIDDLE of 3 ennemies, expected them to all dash right away so I sprayed them all 3 before they proceeded to all dash away. Proced the bugs next turn for a huge damage spike. That felt pretty good

You can also mod it so either your primary or your dash does extra effects on it too (I wouldn't recommend tho, too situational on her dash and too weak on her primary imo). Really gotta use it either if you can hit 3+ ennemies with it or in expectation of dashes (OR shields!).

Quote Originally Posted by Karakazan View Post
    Gotta agree with Ergo here: You can use it like Titus' dagger to catch dashes before they happen, and/or utilize the wider arc. Plus the slow is nice. It's not something you should mindlessly use instead of your normal attack (not saying you were being mindless though.)

Yea,but the ability is still weak / subpar compared to others.

Lot of others abilities have side effects without sacrificing range/damage , or even a turn .. And "slow" is not really a useful debuff in the first turns.

Then the damage... even in best case, if that does hit x3 targets, there is low chance to hit 2x or 3x again next turn.
    (no effect of surprise, and phaedra have to hit ennemies himself to trigger ability)
    And that's only 20 damage, so even with power up, damage is low

Compared to Zuki sticky bomb or big blast (can slow,too), or Garrison missiles (20 damage but not free action ),etc...

Finally the Phaedra Dash doesn't seem to go through people,

+ Reply to Thread