+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @Devs: Consider addition of mechanic that reduces incoming heals/shields

@Devs: Consider addition of mechanic that reduces incoming heals/shields

Lately, I've been more frequently encountering this multi-support, no-frontline strategy in which the opposing team tries to win through attrition, stacking heals and shields to maximize effective health while kiting around the battlefield. While I think this type of strategy certainly has its place in the meta, it can be oppressive at times due to the lack of counterplay.

I'm sure most of the effectiveness of this strategy is most certainly due to Helio, because he can fill that role so well, so you could argue that the counterplay to this strategy starts at freelancer selection with a well-placed ban. But bans will never be guaranteed outside of full premades, so it would be nice if there was a method to combat this type of strategy in-game; perhaps a status condition that could be placed on a freelancer that cuts incoming heals and shields by a percentage (25%?).

The counterplay is that damage is higher than healing, and has no CD.

The other counterplay is realizing the lowest HP enemy is not always the best target.

If I remember the data correctly, teams with 3 or more supports are the worst strategy in the game according to win rate.

I suggested a freelancer, Sorka, that has the ultimate that is good vs many healing sourses. You wanted something like that? Counter-healing character?

Quote Originally Posted by FogRaider View Post
    The counterplay is that damage is higher than healing, and has no CD.

The other counterplay is realizing the lowest HP enemy is not always the best target.

If I remember the data correctly, teams with 3 or more supports are the worst strategy in the game according to win rate.

In my experience 3 support teams tend to lose much more often than not. Damage is a lot more efficient than healing is on a 3 support team just focus fire and punch out one or two guys and you probably won the match.

No real need for any healing/shielding reduction the innate healing/shielding reduction is simply shoot them. Healing only gets really strong if you let a weakened target limp off with a support without finishing them. Where three support teams dominate is if they can get their opponents to constantly switch targets and not stay focused.

There's already a mechanic that reduces shields and healing.

It's called "damage".

+ Reply to Thread