Thread: Blitz, the Gremunculi Tank

Blitz, the Gremunculi Tank

Name: Blitz, the Gremunculi Tank

Appearance:
    Think these all thrown into a blender:
    https://www.atlasreactorgame.com/en/...emolitionsinc/
    http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Biovore
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._in_SF_zoo.jpg

Role: Frontliner with a side of Firepower. Think of Blitz as the opposite of Juno, whose a Firepower character with Frontliner traits.

Description:
    Blitz is a damage dealer with a ton of health, to put it simply. While he's most certainly not as fast as other characters, he's incredibly dangerous to stand next to because of his overpowering size and sheer brute strength. Simply running away isn't good enough either, as his massive back-mounted cannon ensures that anyone within a block radius isn't happy about him being around either.

Primary (1) (Blast): Slam
    3x3, range 2.
    Blitz slams his hand down, dealing moderate damage to a single square up to two spaces away. All enemies in the surrounding squares take low damage. Gain Moderate energy per enemy hit in the middle square, gain Low Energy per enemy hit in the outer squares.

2 (Blast): "Name"
    type of targeter
    description

3 (Blast): Blitzkrieg
    Space Selection, range 2
    Blitz dashes forward to the selected space. If he comes into contact with an enemy he stops on the space they occupied and hurls them backwards in a line 3 spaces, dealing ~20 damage. Gain Moderate Energy on hit. Cooldown: 5 turns

4 (Prep): Gremunk Rampage
    Self
    Blitz gains 20 shields and Unstoppable. If he clashes with an opponent during the Move Phase, that opponent is rooted and takes 12 damage. (Clashing is what I call the golden (*) that shows up when two players try to move to the same space). Gain 8 Energy on use. Cooldown: 2 turns

Ult (Blast, free action): Gremunculus Cannon
    3x3, 3 minimum range, 6 maximum range
    Hunkering down Blitz fires the cannon on his back, an Airbursting shell leaving a poison cloud that deals Moderate Indirect damage (~25) to all targets that cross it. The cloud lasts until the end of the turn.

Primary Mods:
    "name"- cost - description

2 Mods:

3 Mods:
    "Look Out!"- III - Can now effect allies without dealing damage. If that ally takes no damage this turn, the cooldown is reduced by 3.

4 Mods:

Ult Mods:
    "Flourescent"- I - Enemies who cross the poison cloud are Revealed during the next decision phase.
    "Slow Acting Poison"- III - Now deals 10 damage the turn the enemy crosses the cloud, and 20 damage the turn after.

Lore

Founder
    Is this your opinion on another concept? If not how in the frick do you have more 90+ views...I don't even see why this just is.

I had an idea of Blitz, the Gremunculi Tank (Think Idd/Odd the size of a Gorrilla with a cannon strapped to his back) but every time I tried to give him a kit he just kind of fell apart. Pretty much the only thing that I felt was unique and good enough to be in his kit was a 40 Energy costing Ult that did 25 or so damage at range (Think Gremolition's ult, but singular with damage adjusted) but was a Free action.

I didn't feel like I could really do the concept justice, so I just scrapped it.

Founder
    Nah, nah, nah. There is no such thing as a bad idea mate, just post it on this thread and I would be more than happy to read (judge) your Freelancer concept. The weird ideas always turn out to be the unique ideas. I mean even I have an unordinary concept; Axel, the Engine (http://forums.atlasreactorgame.com/s...xel-the-Engine) I still have a laugh when I read it now.

Well, working on it again.

Never did figure out what that last ability would be, but I feel like his other abilities give him enough flavor that you can tell where I'm going with this.

Founder
    Great concept, I can now see the full potential for what you imagined. Blitz has a close combat approach that is positioned constantly on the enemies because he can disrupt and devastate the enemies with his abilities. The "Gremunculus Cannon" I can only imagine would be a beautiful animation and the effectiveness of the ability is now explained to me because I was unaware if the gun mounted on his back was energy or ballistic based but now I know it has a mortar functioning. As for the second ability I would think it should relate more to the nature of a gorilla, possibly a free action ability that can allow Blitz to climb over walls? But I am sure you will come up with a fitting ability.

+ Reply to Thread