+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Juno Balance Idea

Juno Balance Idea

Now, I'll start this off by saying I love playing as Juno, and generally do rather well as her.

However, I've noticed one thing seems a tiny bit unbalanced; The range of Juno's primary. Being able to match the damage of Grey's primary, with mostly the same range as well, is definitely overpowered when that comes with the capability to damage all the enemies in the area, especially considering that Juno just isn't supposed to be a sniper, as her other abilities turn her into a pseudo-Frontliner. So, perhaps reduce the range of her primary by two squares?

It's as the saying goes though: "Almost" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

"Almost" the same range and "Almost" the same damage (after using a mod boosting her damage by four, no less) aren't really that meaningful. Juno is a mid-tier character on the best day, while Nix is considered to be just one step below powerhouses like Lockwood, usually. Juno's primary is pretty good, yes, (though I would not for a moment say it eclipses Nix') but her "ultimate" really isn't near as much of a manslayer as Nix', and she is a LOT easier to focus down than Nix just due to the fact that she can't stay in the shadows near as well.

I enjoy playing Juno. When I clicked this thread I thought it would propose a Juno BUFF, but it proposes a NERF. Juno really doesn't need a nerf. (She probably doesn't need a buff either, for that matter.)

Quote Originally Posted by FogRaider View Post
    It's as the saying goes though: "Almost" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

"Almost" the same range and "Almost" the same damage (after using a mod boosting her damage by four, no less) aren't really that meaningful. Juno is a mid-tier character on the best day, while Nix is considered to be just one step below powerhouses like Lockwood, usually. Juno's primary is pretty good, yes, (though I would not for a moment say it eclipses Nix') but her "ultimate" really isn't near as much of a manslayer as Nix', and she is a LOT easier to focus down than Nix just due to the fact that she can't stay in the shadows near as well.

I enjoy playing Juno. When I clicked this thread I thought it would propose a Juno BUFF, but it proposes a NERF. Juno really doesn't need a nerf. (She probably doesn't need a buff either, for that matter.)
    I tried responding to this twice and accidentally clicked the 'reply to thread' button instead of 'post quick reply' so i'm just gonna rush. Sorry, but no pretty paragraphs this time.

I love playing Juno, she's probably one of my favorite lancers in general.

1: Meant to say Grey, not Nix. Sorry about that, edited.
    2: never mentioned her ult. I actually think the rest of her is quite balanced.
    3:same damage and range as grey + Aoe capability
    4:She's generally a mix between a frontliner and a firepower, excelling in the middle of battle, but also not able to go toe-to-toe and tank half their shots for very long. However, her primary will let her sit on the outskirts of battle and just shoot in, hitting everyone in it's narrow cone with long range.

Basically I just think Juno needs the range of her primary needs to be brought down by one, or at most, 2 squares.

Same with Grey though: Juno deals 28, not 34, and doesn't reveal.

Juno deals 32 if both arcs overlap, not counting her ability to hit multiple targets.
    My issue isn't the damage anyways.
    Simply her range. Dropping the range by one square wouldnt be that bad of a nerf and would still allow her to rack up damage off of multiple targets.

+ Reply to Thread