+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tetroid, the Protector

Founder

Tetroid, the Protector

Tetroid, the Protector

Role: Frontline, borderline Support

Description:
    Warbiotic's little mishap, Tetroid protects his allies at any cost.

Primary (1) (Blast): Fragmentation
    Tetroid fires a beam of energy. Enemies hit by the beam that are 2-3 squares away take 27 damage, 4 away take 20 dmg, 5-6 away take 16 damage, and 7 away take 4 damage.

2 (Prep): Magnetic Field (no cooldown)
    Tetroid activates a Magnetic Field in the Prep Phase. All attacks within a 6-space radius are directed towards him. He will also absorb 75% of the damage from melee/AoE attacks.

3 (Prep): Repair Modules (free)(6 turn cooldown)
    Tetroid activates his self-repair mechanics. Is free and heals 20 HP first turn and 10 HP the next, but on the first turn applies a slow to himself.

4 (Blast): Repelling Force (4 turn cooldown)
    Tetroid fires a blast of energy in a cone. Enemies hit take 24 damage and minor knockback

Ult (Blast): Supernova
    Tetroid overloads his systems, dealing 25 damage to himself, before firing a massive sphere of energy. Sphere deals 38 damage and knocks back enemies in a 6x6 square, and healing allies for 20. Requires 100 energy.

Fragmentation Mods:
    Consistent Beam- 2 - Beam now does 22 damage to all enemies in the beam.
    Area Coverage- 1 - Beam is now 1 space wider. Reduce damage by 2.
    Focused Energy- 3 - If only one enemy is hit, deal 30 damage.

Magnetic Field Mods:
    Super Magnet- 2 - Range of field is increased by 2.
    Ultimate Defense- 2 - Ultimates caught by field do 20 damage less to Tetroid.
    Rapid Activation- 3- Magnetic Field is now a free action. Lower space coverage by 1 space.

Repair Modules Mods:
    Heat Generators- 1 - Grant might to Tetroid after use.
    Phosphorus Activators- 2 - Next time fragmentation is used, enemies hit are revealed.
    Efficient Machinery- 3- The self-slow is removed. Increase cd by 1 or 2.

Repelling Force Mods:
    Broken Bones-2 - Enemies hit are slowed.
    Magnetic Boost-2- Usage grants haste to Tetroid.
    Magnetic Concentration- 3 - If only one enemy is hit, increase damage by 3, knockback by 1, and reduce cooldown by 1.

Ult Mods:
    Black Hole-1 - Enemies are pulled in instead of knocked back.
    Overheating Protection- 3 - Reduce damage given to self by 5.
    Unholy Explosion- 2-Ignores cover.

Lore
    Warbiotics created Tetroid to protect other units and to support the trust. However, when Tetroid's sentience-blocking chip was damaged irreparably, Tetroid was about to be destroyed. Tetroid escaped being scrapped and disappeared. Several years later, Tetroid reemerged, repaired by a freelance engineer, and signed up as a self-funded freelancer.

Description
    Tetroid looks like a human-robot crossover. He has a large silver steel chest. He has a square head with a long rectangular single blue eye. His right arm is replaced with a large glass-like cannon.

Friends:

Rampart- Got along nicely before Tetroid was scrapped.
    ???- His mysterious repairman.

Enemies:
    Oz- Too mischievous for him.
    Elle- Her plasma gun has caused some of Tetroid's few failures.

Founder
    Wow, just wow. This is certainly a Freelancer that attracts my attention. If I can say, it takes the great elements of Orion but yet it is different in his own ways from Orion. I would appreciate this Freelancer in the current game rotation.

Ability one: Fragmentation - Will this ability be able to be casted through walls? Or if so would it become a mod?

Ability two: Magnetic field - This is certainly the signature ability of Tetroid but I cannot see him naturally surviving the ability unless he were to get a shield on use or regenerate health based on damage taken or health regenerated for each ally protected? Unless Tetroid has a huge health pool of say 170+ he would be playing a risky game. And if the ability were modified to become 'Free' would advise increasing cooldown.

Ability three: This couple's excentely with 'Magnetic field' but a 30 base healing seems underwhelming. Maybe go for a percentage specific heal of 20+20% of missing health? You make the digits, as proven in game my math's is weak.

Ability four: Repelling force - Always good to have a direct crowd control at your disposal, can't recommend or question any changes here.

Ultimate ability: Supernova - Supports always have the cool ultimates, and I am okay with that.

Great Freelancer concept, keep it up Excalibur and remember to stay active.

Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkShield View Post
    Wow, just wow. This is certainly a Freelancer that attracts my attention. If I can say, it takes the great elements of Orion but yet it is different in his own ways from Orion. I would appreciate this Freelancer in the current game rotation.

Ability one: Fragmentation - Will this ability be able to be casted through walls? Or if so would it become a mod?

Ability two: Magnetic field - This is certainly the signature ability of Tetroid but I cannot see him naturally surviving the ability unless he were to get a shield on use or regenerate health based on damage taken or health regenerated for each ally protected? Unless Tetroid has a huge health pool of say 170+ he would be playing a risky game. And if the ability were modified to become 'Free' would advise increasing cooldown.

Ability three: This couple's excentely with 'Magnetic field' but a 30 base healing seems underwhelming. Maybe go for a percentage specific heal of 20+20% of missing health? You make the digits, as proven in game my math's is weak.

Ability four: Repelling force - Always good to have a direct crowd control at your disposal, can't recommend or question any changes here.

Ultimate ability: Supernova - Supports always have the cool ultimates, and I am okay with that.

Great Freelancer concept, keep it up Excalibur and remember to stay active.
    Thanks for you input again, SharkShield.

Ability 1- no, it wouldn't be able to penetrate walls.

Ability 2- Tetroid would definitely have very high health, considering that his ult even damages himself. I'd say Garrison level, maybe a tad less. And for the free action one, yeah a cooldown of 4 I guess would be nice.

Ability 3- Maybe 25% health, and then I could increase cooldown by a turn. I dunno.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Founder
    Glad I could help and answering my questions. Hope Tetroid as a whole or his signature abilities can make it through to the game. Would love this addition into Freelancer rotation.

I see some similarities to one of my entries, Lloyd. I know it's probably not intentional, but I just noticed it. Great idea, KIT.

Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by VermillionKnight View Post
    I see some similarities to one of my entries, Lloyd. I know it's probably not intentional, but I just noticed it. Great idea, KIT.
    Don't want to be rude but what similarities do they have, other than their same goal of taking damage instead of others? Just so I know.

Well... Actually, just the "take damage for teammates" bit. So not actually that many. Sorry.

+ Reply to Thread