+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passives In Freelancer Selection

Passives In Freelancer Selection

Freelancers that have passives should have descriptions of how they're applied or how they work in the mods section in game.

Which Freelancers' passives did you have in mind?

Kaigrin and Grey because when I first played, I had no idea what "tracked" and "marked" meant and didn't understand how to apply them.

I mean like let them have their own like bubble you know?

I don't know Kaigin - if he was added today, I haven't had a chance to play him yet.

As far as Grey goes, Tracked is a status effect that her main attack, Tracer Bolt, applies. It's not a Passive ability (in the sense that you don't have to do anything for it to work - you still have to hit someone with an attack).

Tracking (which lasts for 2 turns, by default) has two effects. The first is that it de-stealths the Tracked person. The second is that with Tracer Bolt > Hunt Them Down and Hawk Drone > Vicious, you'll deal extra damage while they're Tracked.

The description for Kaigrin's passive is in the description for his ultimate.

It's hard to tell from the description, but it SOUNDS like if you damage someone with your Ultimate, then any subsequent time you hit them with your Ultimate, you do more damage. That's very limited in scope, since most of the time, you'll only be able to get 2-3 Ultimates off, anyway. The reason I believe that's the case is that it's a Passive function of the Ultimate, not a Passive ability of Kaigin himself.

For Kaigin's Passive you have Zuki's Sticky-bomb effect on the enemies

Quote Originally Posted by Nekojin View Post
    It's hard to tell from the description, but it SOUNDS like if you damage someone with your Ultimate, then any subsequent time you hit them with your Ultimate, you do more damage. That's very limited in scope, since most of the time, you'll only be able to get 2-3 Ultimates off, anyway. The reason I believe that's the case is that it's a Passive function of the Ultimate, not a Passive ability of Kaigin himself.
    Nope.

Kaigin's passive is like a Titus dagger that only he can "pop." EVERY (damaging) attack applies Marked. EVERY (damaging) attack will consume the mark to deal an extra 10, then apply a new mark. It lasts a single turn, and has a visual effect of a small ball of luminous blue scale-like particles clinging to the effected foe.

This might be old news but it wasn't clarified in thread yet, so there you go.

Thank you, FogRaider. Then the information on the Passive needs to be taken out of the Ultimate power description (and so does Orion's) and put somewhere more clearly visible.

+ Reply to Thread