+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Counterplays

Counterplays

I recently started taking notes from watching PPL tournaments and trying out stuff in-game, below is what i've come up with so far.
    Bear in mind this is still a work in progress and most of it is just some very basic stuff that you probably already know.

Dashes
    -Juno's lockdown skill is very usefull when you suspect the opponent will dash
    -Placing traps wherever you think they will dash to, particularly usefull against straight line dashes such as lockwood

Support teams
    -Use multiple frontliners to steamroll the supports and get them out of position with knockbacks and pulls, with the added health of the frontliners they will
    have alot of trouble doing enough damage while you can just keep punching them in the face

Frontline teams
    -Spreading out while using classes that utilize long range attacks, use someone with unstoppable and high mobility as bait and lure them into a funnel,
    then burst them with aoe or pick off the first one to overextend

Nix
    -Grey can reveal enemies with her basic attack and her drone also has a mod that can attack invisible enemies
    -Most lancers have mods that can reveal aswell, without stealth or dash Nix is doomed

Grey
    -Place traps under the drone when you get her down to low health, Celeste's trap can cover the width of the entire drone

Helio
    -Having a support that can buff unstoppable such as Aurora's paralyzer can mitigate a wombo completely leaving whoever dashed in very vulnerable and open to get picked off with no way out

Asana
    - Use Zuki's sticky bombs or Titus' dirty fighting skill when you think she will use retribution to avoid damage reflection and make her waste the shields
    Prepare to be impressed

Oz
    -Sprinting into the middle of the map on the first turn, and then swapping back can leave you with an invulnerable image in a very good positioning to shoot from for several turns in a row provided you don't move.

Yeah it's basically free damage without any risks, and you can pick them off by the time they reach you.
    But i also think it's important that your team also stays back to defend main Oz since he's now vulnerable without his dash.
    When the frontliner goes in too far you won't have enough range and you will be forced to move to get into a better position to help him out.
    I prefer sprinting the first 2 turns and then dashing to get both main Oz and the clone into a position where he can do more damage and to get his main into a cover spot just in case the enemy team goes after him.
    If it's done right you should be able to get your ult by the time they reach you.
    Prepare to be impressed

Turret Oz might be viable in pick up matches, but it underperforms in ranked battles.

Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixa View Post
    Oz
    -Sprinting into the middle of the map on the first turn, and then swapping back can leave you with an invulnerable image in a very good positioning to shoot from for several turns in a row provided you don't move.
    I'd suggest you don't do this, as this tactic is so easily countered by grey or blackburn it's ridiculous

what are you thinking of as the blackburn counter?

Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
    what are you thinking of as the blackburn counter?
    BB has a stim to sprint straight to his hiding place as soon as possible, can throw grenades over walls, and can roll in unexpectedly to get about 2 turns of damage, or more if oz won't give up his doppel. I'm sure pretty much every character can easily counter oz, but I mostly handle them with BB

Ah, I see what you mean! I just started playing BB, so I appreciate the insight

Personally i love Oz's that do this as zuki, just run forward first turn then big one right on his spawn, can be risky but will either get a cata or 50-60 damage depending on mod

+ Reply to Thread