+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grey ultimate needs a change

Grey ultimate needs a change

Hi, i have been spamming grey since i played the game and i think his ultimate is kinda lackluster with this current state even the mods are not that good to compensate it.
    so i'm thinking that how about change his ultimate to be use in prep stage rather than blast phase, i know you don't want players getting damage in prep but we can change how the hawk drone fly change it in a way that it wont fly through the map but rather make it like zukis drop bomb. anyway im saying this because its frustrating how other freelancer traps are use in prep and gray's ultimate are easily dodgeable.

Anyway this is just my opinion and to those that wants to know my stats in grey, Lvl20 and played 195 games ,124 wins.

That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. It could be similar to a bear trap in a way which would definitely fit her "I'm a hunter" persona. Maybe it could even have a trigger to set it off whether it'd be between the dash and movement phase. Also, Grey is a woman.

Grey's ultimate is in no way bad; actually quite the opposite. While I understand you're trying to think of the cage as a "trap", it really does belong in the Blast Phase. It's an area predict much like Aurora's Ion Cloud or (no big surprise) Hawk Drone itself. The ability it gives to give both aggressive and defensive movement the metaphorical finger is in fact quite strong, and it has great combo potential. As a reminder, drone damage + cage cross is a minimum 32 damage, and with mods it can be up to 43 (zapper + vicious.) Combined with the area effect, plus potential for even more damage with subsequent turns, you can start to see it's not weak at all.

Psychologically, humans tend to view a series of small gains as less than one big one, which may be why you see the ability as underwhelming. That, plus the fact that you have a preconceived expectation of "traps" which does not fit this skill in particular, may be leading you to underestimate this skill based on a feeling rather than on comparisons to other skills. Food for thought, not trying to patronize.

I think Grey need rework in reason of compare with new lancers like Celeste and Blackburn. IMO she looks weak atm. Hasnt adequate aoe (after nerf) and she's ult not so powerfull now.

I don't think grey is weak. Drone + chase = 50 damage a turn on a target. A nice dash to her drone where you can invi. You can throw 2 darts that gives detection and weaken. Every basic attack gives detection till the END of the next turn. Which means ; "you can run but you can't hide". She's really strong and that's why I like her so much . The ult is not crazy in itself but if works very well with so many champs that can grab or bump.

I could see a mod that takes the root off the ult and instead doubles the amount of damage the drone does that turn.

Grey is currently very powerful. Her ult might not do the most damage but it's hugely useful, and she can generate energy quickly to use it more often.

+ Reply to Thread