+ Reply to Thread

Thread: O'Connor, the Hunter

Founder

O'Connor, the Hunter

O'Connor, the Hunter

Lore
    A hunter from the days when the Waste was flooded with monsters, O'Connor never missed his mark. After a struggle with a plasma-fueled beast, O'Connor was thought to be dead. However, he has recently resurfaced (with some minor upgrades), working for Warbiotics to continue his head-hunting career.

Role: Firepower

Description:
    A big game hunter armed with traps and his good ol' rifle.

HP: 120

Primary (1) (Blast): Boomstick
    Shoots straight down in a line, dealing 28 damage to the first opponent he hits.

2 (Prep): Prey Hunter (free)
    Using his cybernetic eye, O'Connor releases a wave of energy 4 spaces wide. Any enemy in the wave is revealed for 2 turns.
    (4 cooldown)

3 (Dash): Godspeed
    Robotic peg leg becoming a rocket-like device, O'Connor launches himself 7 spaces forward. First target hit is Targeted.
    (7 cooldown)

4 (Blast): Target Tag
    O'Connor loads a special round into Boomstick before firing. The opponent hit takes 25 damage and is Targeted for 3 turns. A Targeted enemy takes 7 more damage from O'Connor only.
    (4 cooldown)

Ult (Prep): Predator Rounds
    O'Connor loads his weapon with rounds that were forged in the Reactor itself. For 3 turns after loading, any target that is hit by Boomstick takes 15 more damage, without Target Tag active. Also, upon hitting an enemy, the Predator Round can deflect off the enemy (think Lockwood's trick shot, but with the body. This second attack only has a 10 damage increase.

Boomstick Mods:
    Penetrating Bullets- 3 - Boomstick's bullet pierces the first enemy it hits, dealing 16 damage to an enemy behind it.
    Atmospheric Disintegration- 1 - Boomstick deals 3 more damage, but range is reduced by 2 spaces.
    Medical Coating- 2 - Boomstick now hits allies, healing them for 10 per shot.

Prey Hunter Mods:
    Natural Lethargy- 2 - Targets discovered are slowed.
    Schadenfreude- 3 - Gains 10 health per enemy discovery.
    Electrical Eye- 2 - O'Connor is energized from usage.

Angle of Attack Mods:
    Long Jump- 1 - O'Connor can dash one more space, but damage is reduced by 4.
    Heavier Bullets- 1- O'Connor deals 5 more damage, but dashs only 2 spaces.
    Empowered by Failure- 3 - If Angle of Attack hits no enemy, reduce cooldown by 3.

Target Tag Mods:
    Glue Coated Bullet- 2 - Target hit is also slowed.
    Multitasker- 3- Target Tag now has two charges. Reduce damage increase to 4.
    Tracker of Scent-3 - Target hit is now revealed as well.

Predator Rounds Mods:
    Prepared- 1 - gains 10 shields on usage.
    Ammo Bag- 2 - Lasts one more turn, but does 5 less damage.
    Quick Load- 3- Predator Rounds is now a free action.

Appearance
    Wears a grey Pith Helmet and grey coat and pants. Has tall black boots. He has a thick beard. The area around his right eye was ripped out and replaced with metal and a cold red eye. His other eye is blue. His left leg was torn off, replaced by a silver peg. His rifle, Boomstick, looks ordinary, but just like his body, was enhanced by Warbiotics.

Founder
    Welcome to the community Excalibur, hope you don't mind some valued input on your first Freelancer concept. O'conner that is sure an abnormal name and it would seem he fills the role of 'Chase and kill' Firepower freelancer. A big game hunter that is accustomed to killing big creatures is now in the competition of 'Atlas Reactor', the reasoning behind the fighting is not very clear so I won't judge the background of the character's origin and purpose to fight. It sure sounds like O'connor would like to join the friendly competition of Grey and Nix, another contestant wouldn't be problematic I am sure.

Ability one: Boomstick- A boomstick is usually referred to a shotgun, so I guessing his range would not be as lengthy as Nix's 'Headshot' or Grey's 'Tracer bolt'. The versatile of his ability to heal allies is fairly interesting but just out of curiosity would the bullet be body blocked by an ally gaining the heal and preventing it from possibly damaging an enemy?

Ability two: Prey hunter- This is an interesting ability but for the duration of three complete turns would surely seem to be unbalanced, unless enemies that have invisibility are immune to the 'Prey hunter' and only those hiding in the shadows are affected by the vision enhancement? (I am just wondering about this, my understanding of vision is this game is lacking.)

Ability three: Angle of Attack- I am gonna be frank, this is copy paste of Blackburn's 'Blitz' which would destroy the uniqueness of your concept. Now if you don't care ignore my comment but each Freelancer is meant to be different in little and big varies. The cybernetic peg leg could possibly just provide an enhancement in movement rather than playing a 'Dash phase' ability but it is completely up to you. If you would like me to consider some possible 'Dash phase' abilities I would be sure to help.

Ability four: Target tag- A new status effect, 'Tag', this is interesting and I do not see any issues because it would only affect the user. I can see this fitting into the role of a hunter and does not create problematic issues, would be a great addition to have to 'Freelancer'.

Ultimate ability: Predator rounds- The damage enhancement is surely a plus but maybe take it one step further? The 'Predator rounds' could increase the dimensions of 'Boomstick' to increase range or width or even cause a swerve of the ability to cut corners with a double click ability. Think of the mechanic similar to Celeste's 'One the Run' ability, I do think it would make the chase of O'conner to be much easier but if O'conner is a character that prefers to have mechanical enhancements over energy augmentations I can understand.

I do hope my criticism was more constructive than offending, hope to see further creations by you and remember to stay active.

Founder
    Thanks, SharkShield. Your criticism was definitely helpful, thanks. I changed Angle of Attack completely (yeah, it was like Blackburn) nerfed Prey Hunter and added an effect for Predator Rounds.

Yes, if medical thing was implemented it would prevent it from damaging an enemy. It adds a bit of a twist to his playstyle.

Founder
    Glad to see I could help, I can positively say now I can see 100% original Freelancer concept.

Remember to stay active in the community, I know I will.

+ Reply to Thread