+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jin, the Silver Swordsman

Jin, the Silver Swordsman

Lore: Jin grew up on the streets as an orphan and had very little money. But with the rise of Freelancers and the high, high, high prices on some people's *Cough*Lockwood*cough* heads, Jin realized his calling: Escaping poverty through contracting. Jin, using nothing but a cobbled-together piece of ronin armor, his father's katana Shiroken and lots of effort and determination, he could become the youngest freelancer to hit it rich (He's 12).

Battle: Jin is a Firepower with a melee twist. He has the unique effect of each of his non-Ultimate or basic's reducing the cooldown of another move, which means Jin is built around comboing his abilities into each other.

Ability 1: Majinken (Blast)
    Jin slashes Shiroken at a nearby foe. Has a minor arc, about 50 degrees. 10 damage.

Ability 2: Yukikaze (Dash)
    Jin essentially teleports to a medium distance away, hitting a circular area in between his starting position and his ending position for 15 damage. 3 Turn cooldown, reduces the cooldown of Kurogane by 1 turn.

Ability 3: Kurogane (Blast)
    Jin sheathes his sword, and then releases an energy wave that hits a line. Deals 10 damage, has a 3 turn cooldown, reduces the cooldown of Narukami by 1.

Ability 4: Narukami (Prep, Free Action)
    Jin grants himself Might and Haste while also granting it to all allies in 4 tiles. 4 turn cooldown, reduces the cooldown of Yukikaze by 1.

Ability 5: Sakura no Arashi (Blast)
    Jin charges his sword with energy, then unleashes a massive Kurogane in a 180 degree arc. 20 damage.

Founder
    Sweet, simple and unordinary concept. I personally can't recommend any changes, a full ability kit without flaws.

Hey, SharkShield. Out of Thrask, Lloyd, Blue, Randall and Jin, who do you like most to least in order and why? Just curious.

Founder
    Hahaha, always a pleasure to, I am will always be sure to give my honest answer or else you would struggle to improve. Okay, my favourite to least favorite character concept:

1. Lloyd, the Young Lion: He would fill the gap of the 'Frontline' freelancer that I would like to play much like Rampart's playstyle of defending allies over dealing damage. But Rampart lacks the certainty of definitely protecting an ally, might have been a balancing issue but I would also prefer Lloyd for having a 'Dash phase' ability. The option alone of having the choice to evade a sticky situation is necessary, but the versatile option of evading a sticky situation to save an ally. That is what makes a good play to me.

2. Bluescreen (Blue), the Master Hacker: I feel like she would offer a new refreshing gameplay style to the game. Plus she is a real, unique may I add, support that offers the ranged artillery much like Gremolitions can. Plus I prefer to say I main supports, always have and always will, she shows great promise for plays and assistances at a constant rate. Vision is a unique assest, possibly blinding or even farsight mechanics can be implemented into the game at one point.

3. Thrask, the Dragon Blade: One of your first creations, or if just first not really sure, and I loved his ability kit. To be honest lacking the unique backline story which kinda adopts to the story of Rask but I am not judging. Even though Thrask may be seen as Rask's "Brother" his playstyle certainly shows no family traits. The unique idea of having a primary 'Dash phase' ability at first seemed unbalanced to me, but the low inflicting damage and predictability balanced the issue. And the visuals I can imagine for 'Burning edge' alone would be stunning, the variety in his kit of having three 'Dash phase' abilities with an effective 'Prep phase' ultimate.

4. Randall, the Berserker Wolf: His kit is promising but I found it to not be very pleasing to my play style. I mean I love his gear, a lance with a firing system could be nothing more than I asked for but it just wasn't as intriguing as your other character concepts. I especially like the ultimate, 'Berzerging' it might not be unique (sorry I kinda see Blackburn's Blitz here) but it has its own twist that makes it original. I can see Randall (Love the name as well, I suck at naming characters) having his own playstyle of dishing out damage without sacrificing the traits of a 'glass cannon'.

5. Jin, the Silver Sword: The synergy link between the abilities are a nice addition to the already solid kit of Jin, but I have never really fancied playing the guy with a katana or shurikens. I would still say a necessary addition to the Freelancer rotation of Atlas Reactor but I would pick him over my trusty 'Blackburn' or 'Nix'.

Majinken Mods (Note, it hits a small rectangle in front of him, not an arc):
    Extending Handle- Hits further away
    Heavy Blade- 15 damage
    Blood Drawing- Inflicts a 10-damage per turn DoT effect
    First Form: Autumn Leaf- Upon usage (providing it connects), all cooldowns are reduced by 1, but can only hit someone in an adjacent square of Jin.

Yukikaze Mods:
    First Form: Falling Snow- Increases teleport range from medium to large.
    Second Form: Gale- Attack radius increases from medium circle to a large one.
    Third Form: Snowstorm- Now deals 20 damage.
    Fourth Form: Black Steel- Reduces Kurogane's cooldown by 2 turns.

Kurogane Mods:
    First Form: Flame Slash- Inflicts a DoT that deals 5 damage over the next 3 turns.
    Second Form: Heaven's Wrath- Now deals 15 damage.
    Third Form: Arced Edge- Horizontal range is larger.
    Fourth Form: Thunder God- Narukami's cooldown is reduced on usage by 2 turns.

Narukami Mods-
    First Form: Lion's Roar- Range of buff increases to 6 tiles.
    Second Form: Courageous- Gives Unstoppable
    Third Form: Terror Blade- Inflicts Weak on enemies in 4 spaces.
    Fourth Form: Icy Wind- Reduces Yukikaze's cooldown by 2 turns.

Sakura no Arashi Mods:
    First Form: Dancing Heaven- Increases damage to 25.
    Second Form: Star Blast- Reduces arc to 90 but increases damage to 30.
    Third Form: Demonic Fury- Gives any enemies hit Weak.
    Fourth Form: Cherry Blossoms- Instantly removes any cooldowns in progress.

SharkShield, you know the drill. Also, all of the Fourth Form skills have the cooldown replace the original values, not add on to them. So a Kurogane with Thunder God on would not reduce Narukami's cooldown by 3, only 2.

Founder
    Always a pleasure, now let me see how I can alter Jin's ability kit to my preference, choices, choices:

Majinken: Heavy blade, I think just straight up pure damage would be best for an assassin type like Jin (In my preference)
    Yukikaze: Snowstorm, gotta have that extra damage to fulfill the role of a firepower that shouldn't be underestimated
    Kurogane: Arced edge, having more distance a ranged attack would be a nice touch of striking from afar
    Narukami: Icy wind, this would work great with 'Kurogane', never being able to get trapped
    Sakura no Arashi: Star blast, the cost of arc width for damage seems like a fair deal especially if you are accurate enough

Great mods, but my ranking of Jin is the lowest. Would still be a nice addition, just not for me.

+ Reply to Thread