+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Randall, the Berserk Wolf

Randall, the Berserk Wolf

Lore: Take one awful drunkard, a combination of rogue Warbiotics and Evolution Solutions scientists, a lab, wolf DNA, a mechanical lance with a machine gun inside, and you end up with one seriously powerful Freelancer who might win the award for Biggest Score to Settle. Randall's lupine appearance and unique weapon have earned him a moderate amount of respect in Omni, but he's not someone you screw with on a whim.

Relations:
    Elle- They have been known to work together on occasion.
    Dr. Finn, Rask- Randall has his eye on them, as he thinks that Rask knocked him out and Dr. Finn made the mutation.

Battle: In battle, Randall is a Firepower/Frontliner hybrid character who can switch effectively from melee to ranged damage depending on what is needed at the cost of no non-catalyst Prep actions.

Ability 1: Strike Spear (Blast)
    Randall slashes in an arc in front of him with good vertical range and a 75 degree arc. 15 damage.

Ability 2: Howling Cleave (Dash)
    Randall runs to a selected point on the map and performs a spinning slash with a really good radius. 10 damage, 3 turn cooldown.

Ability 3: Strafing Shot (Dash)
    Randall runs in an curved line, shooting inwards the direction he curves. 15 damage, 4 turn cooldown.

Ability 4: Piercing Moon (Blast)
    Randal shoots a barrage that pierces cover, dealing 20 damage to anyone in the line. 5 turn cooldown.

Ultimate: Berzerging (Dash and Blast)
    Randall first runs in a large line slashing in a berserk rage during the Dash phase, then he turns towards his starting position and shoots in an cone towards that. 15 damage for the Dash portion, 10 damage for the Blast portion.

Founder
    Great concept, not sure why a wolf would hold a mechanical lance but the weapon design is very interesting.

Ability one: Strike Spear - See no need for change.

Ability two: Howling cleave - I can't see somebody using a mechanical lance as a sweeping weapon, if it were just meant to joust through or in a thick skillshot at the end of the location.

Ability three: Strafing shot - Interesting and possible.

Ability four: Piercing moon - Standard and necessary ability, very much needed as well for range.

Ultimate ability: Unique and very possible with the mechanical side taken into theory.

He's a more humanoid werewolf, stands on two legs.

For Howling Cleave, it's actually sort of more halberd-y.

Also, you didn't blink an eye at Firepower/Frontliner hybrid?

Strike Spear Mods:
    Extending Blade- The vertical range of the arc is increased.
    Arc Edge- Gives an 90 degree angle of arc.
    Sharpened Slash- Now deals 20 damage.
    Crowd Control- Deals 5 extra damage for every enemy attacked.

Piercing Moon Mods:
    Armor-Piercing Rounds- Pierces Shields.
    Powered Rounds- Deals 25 damage.
    Arcing Rounds- Gives small cone effect.
    Sapping Rounds- Weakens enemies.

Founder
    Hahaha, I didn't blink at the Firepower/Frontline hybrid because his kit seems to have a mixture of damage and defense to point of reasoning. At first I thought the game had clear separations but looking now at Garrison, he is not much of a tank but his health pool says other wise and Orion is one beefy support. I am now opening up to any concept until I can't see the reasoning, hope that clears up the issue.

Thanks for clearing up the spear to more of a halberd, I only know that because Dark Souls has taught me the difference. Shield and lance all the way, screw stealth I am a manly man.

Great mods, keep them coming but one problem? I thought Piercing moon naturally could pierce cover, I mean for the low damage output it would seem reasonable to have the naturally buff.

Fair point on Piercing Moon, Armor-Piercing Rounds now ignores shields instead of cover.

Did the bit about Randall's appearance help too?

Founder
    Yeah, his appearence of being a 'humanoid-wolf' surely makes sense how Randall is capable of using weapons.

Alright, gonna put up some more mods tomorrow.

Strafing Shot mods:
    Moonrunner- You move in a 90 degree arc instead of a 45 degree one.
    Run N' Gun- Deals 20 damage.
    Lunar Illusion- Randall turns Invisible after use.
    Invitation- Randall dodge-rolls to his original position after reaching destination. Use it to fake out your opponents!

+ Reply to Thread