+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bluescreen, The Master Hacker

Bluescreen, The Master Hacker

Lore: Gifted with nimble fingers adept at typing code incredibly quickly and a mind capable of on-the-fly thinking, Bluescreen was the go-to-girl for getting something done in the digital landscape. Need a piece of information? Want something to not work? Bluescreen has you covered... if you pay the right price. Realizing that most if not all weapons are electronic in Atlus, Bluescreen signed up for Freelancerhood as a Wild Card, keeping her skills and equipment to herself.

Battle: Bluescreen is a fairly unique Support: She has no way of healing or buffing other team mates. She focuses on making the enemy weaker to make her teammates's jobs easier. She fights not with a weapon, but with a computer. Unfortunately, this means she has very little survivability or even damage to speak of. But let her wreak havoc and the enemy will be left a sniveling mess.

Ability 1: allyourbase (Blast)
    Bluescreen makes an enemy's armor explode, dealing 5 damage and reducing their defenses, leaving them defenseless. Bluescreen does not need to aim this ability: If anyone on the team can see the enemy, it can be targeted by allyourbase.

Ability 2: welcometodie (Prep)
    Bluescreen targets an unseen enemy, revealing their position and Slowing them. 4 turn cooldown.

Ability 3: congladulations (Prep)
    Bluescreen targets an enemy, giving them Weak and Rooting them in place. 5 turn cooldown.

Ability 4: awinnerisyou (Blast)
    Bluescreen alters the projectile of an enemy's Blast attack, making them hit an ally instead of an enemy. 7 turn cooldown.

Ultimate: inanothercastle (Prep)
    Bluescreen uses her skills to do something crazy: Switch the positions of all enemies with each other and stunning them, leaving them helpless to the oncoming onslaught!

Founder
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. Do you have a list of Freelancers to go? You're shooting out more concepts than me. First I gotta say, Bluescreen, not a name I have heard before let alone a nickname but I can see the correlation to her rig of computers (thank god it has never happened to me). Unique kit and a fresh taste to support Freelancer rotation. And these names...I mean I can get what you wanna say but there has gotta be a word for it. Try using http://www.wordhippo.com/ I know I would.

Ability one: Allyourbase - This is a new attack type ability, I am sure the mechanic can be implemented. And I am sure you are persistent to keep the idea of any enemy being seen to be damaged during 'Blast phase' by Bluescreen. Essentially, reducing their defences would amplify your damage done to them right? Now imagine that combined with 'Might', you would be able to shred the enemy's health pool in two turns if the attacks connect. Now since it is a global ability having a status effect on your primary ability that has no cooldown would be considered broken. I mean if 'allyourbase' would slow on use, you would use it every turn and slow every enemy (in vision). Remove the status effect 'reduced armour' and maybe replace with a mod to 'Weaken' the two closest enemies or whatever. Just tryna help.

Ability two: Welcometodie - Okay, always having vision would be great for you and the team, but the mechanic issue behind here. Maybe you can select a 3x3 grid anywhere on the map to reveal that location of the map and enemies in the grid for the turn. Great ability, but just clicking an enemy you can't see would lead to a lot of failed attempts.

Ability three: Personally I feel like this would be unfair, a 'Prep phase' root. All movement statuses are only applied during 'Blast phase' to allow players to possibly dodge during 'Dash phase'. Possibly only apply 'Weak' during 'Prep' and make it a free action or change to 'Blast phase' allowing both implements if the ability connects to an enemy.

Ability four: Awinnerisyou - Possibly not that projectiles are angled towards allies but you can reflect only projectiles with a digistructed personal wall. The reflected projectiles are still able to hurt allies but the damage of the impact may be reduced to whatever percentage seems reasonable. As well as the fact that this ability is not counted as a 'Blast' because no damage is done by using Awinnerisyou. (It is okay to have three 'Prep phase' abilities, look at Helio.)

Ultimate ability: Inanothercastle - This seems very possible but at random, are you sure that is what you want? I mean having control of who you want to switch would be more satisfying and skillful. Although, maybe limitations could be having vision of the enemy, has to be within casting range and changed to a 'Blast phase'. I know, it sounds like I am contradicting myself but you are affecting the enemy now which counts as some sort of attack.

Very much thought out Freelancer, had the right ideas to construct a unique concept which would serve as a new skill gap for experienced players. One last comment, maybe just change her field name to Blue.

Hope this is more constructive than critical criticism. Stay active in the community, I know I will. Plus, be comment if you find my opinion overrated, annoying or just unnecessary. I completely get that it is your idea, why should someone else control who they are.

Alright, I can replace the names.

allyourbase becomes Reduction.exe
    welcometodie becomes Vision.exe
    congladurations becomes a Blast ability that also does 5 damage, renamed to Energydrain.exe
    awinnerisyou becomes a Prep ability that create s temporary 3x1 wall that reflects projectiles, renamed Chaos.exe
    inanothercastle becomes Blast, switches Blue with an enemy of her choosing and Stuns them. Renamed Hacktheplanet.exe

Reduction.exe Mods: (Note: Reduction's defense debuff makes all attacks dealt to the debuffee do 5 more damage. It's an addition, not a multiplication.)
    Finding Faults- Explosion of armor now has AoE, hits anyone within 3 tiles of target. Being hit by AoE does not give a defense reduction.
    Predator Protocol- The defense debuff can chain-lightning any enemy close to original target.
    Weakpoint Locator- Defence debuff now makes attacks toward target deal 10 more damage.
    Weapon Malfunction- The target is also hit with a Scramble effect.

Vision.exe (Note: it targets a RANDOM ENEMY NOT IN SIGHT. You don't choose who it reveals. Also, it's now a Free Action and doesn't inflict Slow normally) Mods:
    Harden Armor- Inflicts Slow
    Weaken Weapon- Inflicts Weak
    De-Energize- Cuts Energy in half
    Override Cooling- Adds one turn to any cooldowns in-progress.

Energydrain.exe mods
    Root Double- Root lasts two turns.
    Weaken Double- Weaken lasts two turns.
    Energy Absorbtion- Takes 10 Energy from target and gives it to Blue.
    Life Support Shutdown- Deals 10 damage now.

Chaos.exe Mods
    Strengthen Code- Wall can now deflect 2 attacks.
    Lengthen Code- Wall is now 5x1 rather than 3x1.
    Self-Destructing Code- When hit by any attack, the wall now explodes, damaging any enemies nearby for 5 damage.
    Defensive Code- Wall now lasts 3 turns rather than the standard 1.

Hacktheplanet.exe Mods-
    Kiss of Death- Now deals 20 damage
    Bluescreen of Death- Stuns entire enemy team.
    Death's Invitation- Inflicts defense debuff on targeted foe
    Death Blossoms: Heals Blue for 20 HP.

SharkShield, if you would?

Founder
    It would be an honour sir, as Bluescreen is one of my favourite of your concepts. Lets see what I can mix and match to my taste.

Reduction.exe: Predator protocol, having the chain effect would surely be beneficial to strike the unseen enemies hiding out of vision.
    Vision.exe: Harden armour, that extra crowd control never hurt anybody.
    Energydrain.exe: Energy absorption, this mod has so much potential. Denying the ulti of an enemy just by 10 energy would be a huge game factor, glad you gave us the option
    Choas.exe: Strengthen code, blocking an additional attack would surely mean the difference between life and death
    Hacktheplanet.exe: Bluescreen of death, hahaha I see what you did there and would surely pick it for global crowd control

Seriously, her potential is so grasping I wish I could play her.

Thanks! Check out Thrask, finished his mods. Still working on Randall, Jin and Kain.

+ Reply to Thread