+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thrask, The Dragon Blade

Hybrid View

Thrask, The Dragon Blade

Lore: Evolution Solutions was tight-lipped about Rask, and they're even more quiet about Thrask. Seen as Rask's "brother", Thrask trades pure physical might for a more calculating mind, not that he's a wimp. Some people even think that he works as a coder, or at least a data analyst at EvoS. His draconic appearance, cool-looking (and outsourced) sword and great chemistry with his brother haven't stopped plushes from flying off the shelves as history repeats itself.

Battle:
    Thrask is a Firepower Freelancer with a few interesting twists. His basic attack is a Dash move, he has two cooldown Dashes and his Ultimate is a Free Prep skill. He's meant to be an absolute pain in the butt thanks to his great mobility at the cost of less damage. He's a great dodge-tank, and the properties of some of his moves can disrupt the best-laid plans of the enemy force.

Attack 1: Burning Edge (Dash)
    Thrask runs to a new position with his sword dragging on the ground throwing out sparks. When he reaches the destination he performs a fiery spin slash. 10 damage if your hit by the running part, 15 for the spinning slash.

Attack 2: Wyvern Breath (Blast)
    Thrask breaths fire in cone. 45 degree base angle, 10 damage and a DoT debuff on anyone hit. DoT ticks for 5 damage over next 3 turns. 4 turn cooldown.

Attack 3: Rebounding Strike (Dash)
    Thrask launches himself at an enemy, then kicks off them and rebounds back to his original position. 10 damage and knocks back the target a fair bit. 5 turn cooldown.

Attack 4: Wyrm Tackle (Dash)
    Thrask holds his sword in front of him, dashes at a target and takes them with him to the wall immediately behind them. Deals 20 damage and inflicts root. 6 turn cooldown.

Ultimate: Dragon Roar (Prep, Free Action)
    Thrask roars with such force and fury that it gives all allies Haste and Might while giving all enemies Slow and Weak.

Founder
    Certainly a different Freelancer, just confused a bit that you state 'Thrask' for being a 'Firepower' and then a great 'Dodge-tank'.

Ability one: Burning edge - Great skill, don't see a need for change. But having a dodge as your primary ability would mean there is no cooldown on the ability and that would infuriate a lot of people.

Ability two: Wyvern Breath - Is he literally a dragon or does he hold a torch and gust wind or does his blade excessively flame? Is he referred to the brother of 'Rask' because of his rage or looks?

Ability three: Rebounding strike - Interesting, but not completely effective. It wouldn't let you dodge the attacks during 'Blast phase' because you return back to your initial stance. Maybe by kicking off an opponent you could dash to a new location, similar to Asana's dash but you use them as a bouncing surface.

Ability four: Wym Tackle: I like this idea very much.

Ability five: Dragon Roar - You essentially can't make your ultimate a 'Free' ability because the point of building up energy would then become unnecessary or that could another unique feature about Thrask.

Glad to see new concepts everyday, hope my input is hopeful and more constructive than critical criticism.

Burning Edge: That's sort of the point. Thrask is pretty fragile health-wise, and his damage isn't awful but isn't stellar either. But with THREE DASHES, one without a cooldown, unless you can anticipate his moves and the way that they take him, you're gonna miss him. He's not going to swing matches or create epic turn-arounds but he makes an effective enemy team a lot worse because of his unpredictability.

Wyvern Breath: He's a draconic-looking character but has a humanoid stance just like Rask. The reason why Rask is his brother is because they're both humanoid "animals" cobbled together from different DNA sources (for Thrask, it's crab, lizard, human and the tiniest bit of original DNA for the fire breath).

Rebounding Strike: Yeah, that could work. It's supposed to be a purely offensive dash like Elle's, trading damage in Thrask's case for knockback that can stop the enemy's Blast and Movement for the turn, but that could also work if you needed to be evasive.

Wyrm Tackle: Thanks! I try. Could use some ideas for mods for that.

Dragon Roar: It's auto-activating like Rask's ultimate.

Founder
    Thanks for explaining that up and I get the concept of Thrask much better now.

I can't think of mods for 'Wyrm Tackle' but I am sure you are very much capable of coming up with some.

An extensive new Freelancer that, I alone, would be much pleased.

Stay active in the community, I know I will.

Burning Edge Mods:
    Spark Launcher: Increases the horizontal range of the sparks launched.
    Sparking Blade: Increases damage of sparks to 15.
    Sword Extension: Increases radius of spin slash.
    Blazing Sword: Increases damage of spin slash to 20.

Founder
    Good basic mods, can't wait for the rest. And don't be afraid to add game changing mods onto his kit, I know for sure I would.

Wyvern Breath Mods:
    Inhale-Exhale: Increases damage to 20 at the cost of a tighter cone.
    Throat Bellows: Increases angle to 90 degrees and increases vertical range.
    Incendiary Saliva: DoT lasts 2 more turns and deals 10 damage per tick.
    Metal Melter: Ignores cover's damage reduction.

I see a huge problem with its third and fourth attacks: what happens when you displace an opponent during dash phase?
    Your opponent's blast action could become illegal from the new position, and aiming would be messed up....

THAT'S THE POINT. The damage isn't great, but he's meant to be annoying and mess up your plans!

Rebounding Strike Mods:
    Backflip- You now end up 2 spaces behind your starting position.
    Powered Rebound- Deals 15 damage and knocks back target further.
    Muscle Enhancement- More range and can go through walls.
    Burning Strike- Now inflicts DoT on target that ticks for 5 damage.

+ Reply to Thread